prolouge.

my v first fic! read at your own risk!!

Dinah Jane

My Honey 🍯🍫: baby, hurry up before we're late. i wanted to take us somewhere before we go in!!

Dinah: who said i even wanted to be picked up by you today?

My Honey 🍯 🍫: are you really still upset about that?

Dinah: HAH. not at all, i love when my girlfriend helps ruin my favorite outfit with her friends! why would i be mad. at. all. 🤗

My Honey 🍯 🍫: mmkay. still mad, well if you're not coming out, im going in!

Dinah: shocker.

Huffing out a breath, The blonde angrily shoved her phone in her sweatshirt pocket. Yesterday had been a bad day and she had no motivation or energy to be bothered to got to school, and with a couple fake coughs and a tug at her momma's heart she was able to wiggle her way out another school day. She hated school for numerous reasons. Maybe because she hated the teachers, the lunch sucked, and of course, because her girlfriend couldn't be her girlfriend.

When Dinah agreed to be Normani's girlfriend, she knew she'd have to sneak around a bit. Normani wasn't necessarily in the closet, but no one knew that she liked females either so news like that would have the students of her highschool shook to their cores. She was popular and dating Dinah Jane who was made out to be this good girl with a bad reputation with her mysterious ex-lover.

And for some stupid reason, that made her quite the target for her girlfriend and her little friend to pick on! Dinah's bestfriend never knew why she stayed with her. Normani was never really involved with the poking at Dinah and throwing around insults...until yesterday of course, but besides that she was a good girl. Most of Dinah's friends or all of Dinah's friends (seeing as she really only had one) hated her, but they just...just didn't see her the ebony like she had. They hadn't seen her in her worst or at her best. They hadn't seen those days when she'd snuggled up under her talk in her sleep on how she loved her (even though they hadn't admitted that to each other). She's willing to wait for when she'll show her of because she thinks she loves her too.

"I'm sorry."

They both said when Normani came into sight. After thinking about it, Dinah felt shitty. She knew Normani was having a hard time with coming out about dating Dinah. She felt bad for not giving her the benefit of the doubt.

"You're sorry? No, baby. No. I shouldn't have even done that, but people got suspicious after the rumor went around about us and I had to do something to make it stop circulating." She said, walking forward and grabbing her girlfriend's hands with a slight pout and in that moment the Polynesian snapped back into reality. Dinah wanted to give in, but then she remembered who she was talking to right now.

"You're right. I shouldn't be sorry, and right now you're the definition of it, babe. You could've done anything else, but of all things spilling food on me— that's a bit harsh, yeah?" She asks, pulling her hands away and stepping back from the girl, her face in a scowl.

Normani looks down guilty. "Yeah...I know. I just get so scared, D. I'm sorry, but I— oh god. You're not breaking up with me, right?" Her eyes went wide, filling up with tears as she looked up at the tall blonde.

Dinah sighed and rubbed her face. "No, but if we're together maybe we can come to a comprise rather you than just thinking like a bully, we can figure out something to disperse the rumors?" She said, softly her arms still crossed over her chest. She was still mad, and she wasn't letting her off easy.

"That's a good idea, but here I have something for you." She said, going by the door and grabbing a bag.

"Mani...you can't just go around buying me shit to make things better."

"Loooook! Just look."

Letting out a long sigh and peering in the bag, she gasps. "MANI!" She squealed excitedly, tackling the girl on her bed and snuggling into her chest. "I fucking hate when you do shit like this when I'm supposed to be mad. " She said, her words coming out slightly muffled.

"I know, and that's why I do it." She said, laughing a bit, stroking Dinah's hair. "Seeing you smile is something I really cherish, because I'm often the cause of you being upset and knowing that I can make you smile is the little hope I have that we just might make it." She voices, her other hand had moved to draw small shapes on the exposed skin.

She heard the soft breaths of her girlfriend and and smiled. "I love you, Dinah Jane.." The (little) brown girl said, softly kissing her head silently deciding against going to school today.

these authors notes were so ugly bye