chapter twenty.

unedited.

Dinah Jane
friday

Dinah sat in Ms. Renner's office chair looking at the calendar for cheer. The door opened and she looked up, seeing Hazel. "Oh. My bad, I thought Renner was in here."

"It's fine." Dinah said, waving her off and going to look through the calendar again. They had a three competitions soon and then Spring break, and a couple after that. Dinah mentally reminded herself to mark her own calendar as well as her girlfriend's. She felt eyes on her and looked up, seeing Hazel was now seated infront of her.

"Oh hello."

"I wanna talk."

Dinah sighed. She'd purposely been avoiding the girl for this reason. She didn't know what to say or how to go about talking to her, but she knew that she'd have to now. "Me too, but does it have to be here? I mean, we can talk after practice..."

"Yeah, yeah. That's fine...we can go to the diner again? I'll drive."

"Sounds good." She said looking up and giving the girl a smile whose eyes lit up and smiled back before exiting. Dinah groaned loudly and put her head on the desk. She didn't know what she was gonna say, what was to happen, nor what Hazel was expecting out of this and it was stressing her out. She decided she'd figure out when the time came, and stood up grabbing the box of t-shirts that had just came in and walked to the gym where Ms. Renner was calling the girls together and letting them know about the events coming up.

"Okay, girls! The homecoming game, as well as the pep rally are coming next week. I need you all to be on your A-game by Thursday. If you aren't? Well, you aren't in. You guys will not embarrass my ass infront of the student body and their mamas! Now, go get your shirts from DJ and get out of my hair!" She clapped.

Dinah watched as the girl's crowded around her, and her girlfriend pushed through everyone causing them to groan. "Hey! I'm helping." She said, cutting her eyes at them as she began to hand out t-shirts. When they got to the end, she grabbed hers and Dinah's hand.

"Wait, Mani. I'm gonna catch a ride with Hazel. I'm gonna talk to her." She stated and the girl nodded,

"Okay. Text me later, and I'll call you because my sisters are coming for the weekend."

"Have fun, baby." She said kissing the girl before pulling away and meeting Hazel to where she was waiting at the door for the tall blonde. "I have to grab my- oh thanks." Dinah exhaled, grabbing her bag and putting it on her shoulders.

"Shall we?" Hazel held out her arm out.

Dinah rolled her eyes and pushed her arm down. "You don't ever stop, do you?" She asked, walking along beside her.

"It was a friendly gesture, but to answer your question...for you? Never." She said.

The girl groaned walking in front of her, beating her to a car. She just wanted to get this over with now.

まぁ

Dinah sat in her spot across from Hazel, trying to gather her words. They had just eaten with a causal conversation when they remembered why they really were here today. Hazel was the first to open her mouth. "Dinah, I wanted to talk to you because every time we talk it ends badly. I never get to tell you what I want to. I want to tell you that ever since that breakup I've been messed up. I found the comfort that I found in you in the guys I date and the other people a poke fun at. Making that rumor was to make me feel better, because maybe if I told myself enough you were at fault this feeling would go away. Dinah, I still have feelings for you and I'm sure you know by now but I needed to tell you myself." Hazel let out, looking up at the girl who looked conflicted. Dinah saw a glimpse of the girl she once had fallen for in that moment and she felt the need to reach out and hug her.

"Hazel...I did know you felt that way. I did, but I didn't know it affected you like this. I don't know what else to tell you, but you need to move on. Completely. What we had in that moment was something that no one can compare to, but you can't let that dictate what you do next. There's not gonna be an us or any of that anymore. You need to realize that's over, and it has been since I stormed out your house that day." She said, shrugging.

She began to feel bad as the girl's eyes tear up, seeing the reality of it all and she opened her arms. "You let this turn you into more of a bitch than you were and hardly tolerable. You shouldn't have let it go that far, because it caused you to lose your bestfriend over me." She said, her arms wrapped around the petite girl as she nodded listening to her words.

"You're right."

"But then again...you've gained someone who really cares for you. I would have never gotten the nerves to talk with you if it wasn't for Nina. You shouldn't have used her like that." Dinah voices.

Again, Hazel found herself nodding with her head low. "Right...I think we should go. I've got a couple things to do." She said determined.

Dinah felt herself smiling, she felt she got through to her and it made her proud. "Let's go." She said, holding her arm out this time.

im doing a double update, because when you have no wifi for a good week you get a few chapters done.