chapter ten.

IMPORTANT AN: Okay, lately as I've read through my book I find it complete trash compared to some of the stuff I've written. I think it's half-ass and it's completely strayed away from what the storyline is about. I think the chapters before didn't meet my criteria, because I've been very very stressed and mentally drained for the past few months, and I've literally been writing in these chapters my thoughts and ideas that pop up at three am when I can't sleep, so I really don't think it through. I want to apologize, and from here on out this book will /hopefully/ be solid and not stray from the original storyline. Meaning somethings that happen in the next few chapters may seem very sudden. As far as the previous chapters, I'm keeping them because I wanna see my progress as a writer. Thanks for reading and enjoy the chapter! ☹️💛

unedited.

Normani Hamilton.

A loud huff left the dark-skinned girl's lips as she pulled into the school's parking lot. The day already sucked. When she had awaken this morning, she was met to an empty house which upset her because her mother wasn't their to greet her and do their morning rituals that put a smile on her face throughout the morning. Second, seeing as her father wasn't there either the weather channel wasn't playing throughout the house leading her to leave the house with the least perfect outfit for a ominous day like today.

To top it off, her girlfriend was ignoring her for god knows why. Ever since Hazel arrived back, the blonde had been acting strange and distant. Normani simply thought she might just need a little space, but now she was only getting a few one worded texts a day and she didn't like it- at all.

She stepped out her car immediately almost being knocked over by a girl who clearly hadn't been watching where she was going, and Normani sucked her teeth. Her patience was thinning at a fast pace. "Watch where you're going!" She grumbled, pushing past the girl who had been mumbling apologies.

When she walked into the lively school, she walked with her head held high and a slight mug on her face as she strutted through the halls looking for a short dirty blonde. She found the girl at a locker flirting with one of the jocks. "Damn Hazel. For someone who has a whole boyfriend, you sure get around." She laughed opening the locker next to the two and grabbing her books for the day. Her locker was slammed shut and she looked around for a moment and turned to the source. "And who the hell do you think you are closing my locker?"

"Hazel's boyfriend. What do you mean she "gets around"." He asks, glaring as if not believing the girl would ever do that to him.

"You got to be-" She sighs. "Haze-" She shakes her head at the girl. "Look, we're cool, but this is not. Sort it out. Toodles!" She said,waving with a smile as she leaned forward to peck the guilty girl's cheek. She began to walk and glanced at Hazel one last time who had the meanest look on her face. Mani laughed, she looked like she should have steam coming out her ears, but that's her own fault.

When Normani finally made it to her first period with just a minute to spare she sat in her desk and was immediately greeted by the group of people around her. "Hey guys." She mumbled, suddenly bored knowing this would be a long class.

The bell rang and the teacher immediately clapped his hand loudly, making some students jump in surprise as if they didn't hear the bell moments ago. "Good Morning, Class! Today we're starting off with the new chapter reading and then you have a worksheet to complete by the end of class. If you finish before the last fifteen minutes- that will be extra credit on your test this Thursday."