chapter thirteen.

unedited.

Dinah Jane

Dinah stared at the wheel of her car, letting her brain plan out the many scenarios of what could happen in just a few moments. She could see the girl's true colors again and fall for her tricks— no, not ever again— or she could end up getting so frustrated that she flips the table over in a rage and wrings her neck...maybe. She laughed to herself at her crazy thoughts and jumped when she heard a knock on her window.

She unlocked her Mother's car door and stepped out, greeting the girl.

"Oh come on, no one's around a hug wouldn't hurt..." The girl trails off suggestively, holding out her arms.

Dinah simply pushed past her and went in the diner, holding the door open out of courtesy. She immediately felt pure nostalgia wash over her as she looked around the small diner, making her regret meeting the girl here. She found herself taking a seat in their usual spot and she swore to herself.

"Wow, you still remember."

"And apparently you don't." She says back, sarcastically. She looks up, meeting the girl's eyes and really looking for the first time in forever. "Why do you find joy in making me look like a fool in front of everyone?"

"Dinah, you do it to yourself. I did tell you you'd regret breaking up with me." Hazel spoke, looking away from the girl and down through the menu.

"Yeah, but when most people say that it's when they're gonna become a better version of themselves, so their ex can see what they're missing. I didn't miss out on anything, because you're only living up to everything you were before times one hundred." She said softly, but harshly causing the dirty blonde to look up with a slight hurt showing in her eyes.

It was gone as quick as it came and she glared. "If you called me here to taint the last good memory I have of us, then I don't want to talk."

"It's been tainted! Ever since you agreed to that bet-"

"That I never went through with, because I started catching feelings!"

"Hi, I'm Cassandra and I'll be...oh my lord! Dinah and Hazel. It's so good to see y'all! We haven't seen you two in forever. Your usual?" The pretty redhead says, her spirits being lifted at the sight of her former favorite costumers.

"Cassie wow! You look so good, you're glowing! Yes, we'll have our usual. It's so good to see you." Dinah said, giving her attention to the woman who she'd often find comfort in on her bad days.

"Okay, okay. I'll be right out with that. We really need to catch up."

"Most definitely. We'll chat after the floats, okay?" Dinah said and the woman nodded in return, practically skipping off the the back.

"Wow, two years later and I still feel the same amount of jealousy for you and that woman."

"Put a sock in it." She mumbled, turning back to her.

"I can never find myself taking your insults to heart, because I know it's just pent up anger. You really just miss me though."

"Honey, I think you're speaking for yourself. I got some who I might just love." She said boredly, checking her phone seeing that her girlfriend had texted her asking for details and updates.