chapter seven.

unedited.
Dinah Jane Hansen

Dinah sighed dreamily watching her girlfriend show the stretch and warmup for the practice coming up. She'd just got done helping out Dove with sideliners, and now she was getting ready to do her own practice. She looked really good in her shorts, and Dinah could hardly take her eyes off her–

"Do you have a crush on her or something?"

"Huh? Oh no! I was just watching her, she's so good at this. Makes me wanna be a cheerleader." She said, looking at Nina.

"Oh good, because That'd be super awkward, because she doesn't seem to like you too much and you have a girlfriend." She started. "And at tryouts...why was she touching all over your boobs?" She asked.

"Mm, she was fixing my shirt. I'm surprised you noticed." Dinah mumbled, focused on her clipboard. "Hm, Renner needs to round up...we have to start practice for competitive cheer."

"Already? I wanna talk to my bestfriendddd." She said pouting and grabbing Dinah's arm as she got up.

Dinah laughed. "Nina no. Go get dressed forreal, I have to go set up."

"Come with me! I don't know anyone and I'll feel uncomfortable." She said, still pouting and tugging Dinah's arm.

"Janina, really. I have to help setup, and you're still in your casual clothes. Go get ready."

"Damn daddy, okay." She said, pecking Dinah's cheek and walking off.

Dinah's eyes widened and her cheeks reddened at the comment. She quickly stood up again and started to blindly walk toward the sound system, before she was being pulled away by her girlfriend. She looked up to see her leading her in the supply room of the gym. "Mani, why are we in here?" She asked once they got in.

"Because of new girl. I don't like her Dinah. What did she say to you?" She said, crossing her arms.

"I- what do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, and why were her lips on what's mine. I don't like that, I hate it even. I hate her." She said.

"I think you're right."

"Like most of the time, but about what exactly?"

Dinah let out a breath. "She made a comment, and it really caught me off guard- I- what? That's so weird." She said, shaking her head.

"What was it?"

"Nothing, nothing. Let's get the mats." She said, grabbing the a mat and heading to the floor. She really didn't feel like catching a case for accessory to murder today.

at normani's

"Where's Hazel?" Dinah asked, Normani. They had left together, and were now on the edge of Normani's pool. "You guys haven't hung out for awhile."

"In Paris, but as far as the school knows she's really sick."

"Oh why?"

Normani rolled her eyes. "She was dumb and went to meet her french boyfriend, but apparently it worked out. She sends me pictures everyday." The girl said, leaning back on her hands.