chapter twenty-two.

unedited.

The door creaked open and two giggling, clumsy teens stumbled through it their heels in hand as they leaned on each other for support. "Shh! Dinah, my parents are gonna wake up."

"You're the only one talking." She said, with a confused giggle.

"Now you just did, shut up."

"Make me!" She yelled in return but her eyes widened realizing how loud she was. "I mean make me." She whispered this time.

Normani smirked and moved to kiss the girl before the hall light came on, both not realizing the two continued to kiss until they heard the sound of a throat clearing. "Oh hello Dad." She grinned.

The man crossed his arms. "Normani, it's past your curfew and you're intoxicated. I'll let you slide for tonight but there will be hell in the morning from your mother for worrying her to death."

The girl just tilted her head and shrugged, she began to pull her date to her room till her father stopped her. "Ah-ah. She can get the couch. No sharing tonight." He said, having seen the two in a pretty heated kiss moments ago, and quite frankly he'd rather get a good nights sleep not thinking about his daughter and her apparent lab partner.

Normani simply kept walking to her room and comfortably settled into her into her bed and closed her eyes snuggling into the plush mattress. She was nearly sleep when she heard her door creak open and clumsy footsteps before feeling warm body pulling her closer. "Mm, much better."

"I thought my dad made you sleep on the couch." She said, her voice coming out raspy due to the dryness of her mouth.

"He thought so too." Dinah said adjusting herself and closing her eyes feeling incredibly drowsy after the Homecoming  party events.

After the tiring week, the couple shocked everyone at the Homecoming which consisted mainly of the freshman and sophomores as well as the JV basketball ball team. The news hadn't fully gotten around and everyone couldn't believe their eyes when the two tied for Homecoming queen and ditched the king to do their own dance together (which was the only highlight of the dance in their eyes). The couple found themselves leaving early to attend Audreyana Michelle's party.

Her parties were a big deal and only happened homecoming nights, because her parents would often be chaperoning the dance and would be far too tired to argue with her about the wild teens invading their home. Which lead them to retire to their room and ignore the commotion taking place in their basement and backyard. Plus her older sister was totally the plug for the alcohol and anything else of that matter (weed). The two teens had the spotlight of the night, even though the couple was right infront of them they still couldn't believe the two were actually together.

After the momentary shock, the party returned to full swing and Normani and her girlfriend were slowly succumbed into the reckless-ness that they call a highschool homecoming after party. The two girls ound themselves drunk off their asses and could hardly walk. Ally had so kindly offered them a ride which led them to now.

Comfortably cuddled up in each other's arms as they sloppily kissed. Dinah pulled away and laid on Normani's chest and squeezed her arms around her waist and snuggled into her. "I love you." Dinah mumbled to her girlfriend, but due to her face in her chest it came out, 'I lurve you.'

"I love you too." The brunette said back, stroking the back of her head with her eyes closed. Finally letting sleep takeover.

double update bc this is short af. ✨✨