chapter nineteen.

unedited.

Dinah Jane

"I know it may seem like a bad idea, but she's not completely cold-hearted. Yes, I know what she did was shitty but I think she needs closure. This is hurting her a lot more than you think." Janina shrugged, trying to get through to a very stubborn Dinah.

Dinah shakes her head. "I don't think she still loves me. I think she's just jealous I'm with Normani now and not her."

"Exactly! How did you feel when you saw her with that guy she messed with when y'all were together? I know it's not the same, but it's similar. You're the first one she ever loved and some way, and it hurts knowing someone else is making you happy." She stressed.

"Yeah, well it hurts seeing her with someone else when you walk to her locker and she's being tongued down by some jock. Oh, and then some days later finding out you were just a game!" She fired back, feeling herself getting worked up. It had been a couple days after the sleepover and Dinah was a little sick, so she stayed home.

Janina had randomly shown up, demanding she talk to Hazel because she's sad but Dinah can't even believe she has some type of feelings. She also doesn't trust Hazel, because this could all be an act. She most definitely wouldn't be surprised. She looked up at Janina who was pouting. "What are you- fine! Whatever I'll take it into consideration. Just you should leave before-" She was cut-off by an opening door. "Oh boy."

"Dinah!"

"Back door! Back door!" She whisper-yelled. "Hold on, Mani!" She yelled her voice straining slightly as she pushed the girl to the door and opened it pushing her out.

"Oh there you are. What were you doing?"

"Just getting some fresh air. It's so stuffy in here." She sniffled, walking to her girlfriend and hugged her laying on her shoulder. "I feel drained." She sighed, feeling that way partly cause she was sick and partly because of her conversation with Nina.

"Well, maybe if you stayed in bed and just opened a window, you wouldn't. Come on." She said, guiding the girl up to her room. She let her get comfy before tucking her in. "I brought you snacks too, but I can't stay because of practice." The girl said, pulling her bag off her shoulders and taking out some snacks.

"But I don't want snacks, I want to cuddle. Love me." She whined, grabbing her hand and pulling her.

"But practice...I'm not supposed to-" The brunette started. "Fine." She said, moving to join Dinah in her bed. "I expect this same attention when I get sick." She mumbled as Dinah laid on her chest and she ran her fingers through her messy hair. Dinah just hummed in response, putting her arms around her and hugging her closer. She really loved times like this when they could simply enjoy each other's company without someone popping their bubble.

"I love you." Dinah mumbled, half-asleep.

Normani grinned. "I love you too."

Dinah groaned at the sound of talking and snuggled more into her girlfriend, throwing a leg over hers. "Shh." She let out putting a hand out.

"Don't shush me! I just came here for you with the worst jet-lag and this is how you treat me."

Normani rubbed her pouting girlfriend's back from where she was sitting up against the headboard. "She doesn't feel good and you woke her up. I'd be shushing you too." She snapped back.

"You baby the hell out of her."

"Because she is my baby." She said, leaning down to kiss a grumpy Dinah's forehead who smiled at the gesture.

Dinah yawned sitting up, still holding on to the brunette, she was way too comfy to let go. "How was your little getaway?" She asked, clearing the sleep out her throat.

"Hardly a getaway. I did go to the Maldives to film that video with Justin and then we went to Dubai and filmed there. I had a couple photoshoots as well, and then I had to be in LA to film some episodes for the show." She said. "It was fun though when we could chill. Justin is a really sweet guy, but he has Drake feelings and I don't know about that." She said, shrugging.

"I wanna go to the Maldives. Did you see the glowing fish?"

"Yes, but they're plankton. We filmed there in Vaadhoo, so you'll see when the video comes out. It's really pretty."

"Normani's really pretty." Dinah said, causing the girl to take her attention away from her phone and look at Dinah.

"Thank you, baby."

"You both seem oddly well."

"Why oddly?"

"Well, last time we talked you guys were like on the verge of breaking up. So, I'm sure it went well but what else?"

Dinah shrugged. "Nothing really. Basically Mani and I argued at Hazel's and we both said stuff we didn't mean. She came to my house and we talked it out, and then my mom came home and nearly beat my ass." She said.

"Aww. Classic Mama Hansen. Gotta love her." She said with a smile while shaking her head. "What about you and heathen?"

Normani rolled her eyes at the name. "She said some slick shit and it made me mad. Plus she had been really showing her true colors and I was blind to it."

"And then you told me about that Nina girl and her getting together?"

"Oh! They're actually not together. Nina and I talked about it earlier." She said matter-of-factly.

"Well, what'd she say?"

Normani looked up, interested too. Not knowing about them talking.

"A lot...it was mainly an apology for acting strange friday and she told me about Hazel pushing her to try and take me from Normani-"

"I dare her to."

Dinah laughed a little. "Trust me. She won't. She wants me to talk to Hazel though. She said she's really hurt and sad, and that why she's been acting like she has. She said she needs closure." The blonde said.

"For what? What could she of all people be hurt over?"

"Catch up, Z. She caught feelings again and she needs to drop them." Normani grumbled, pulling Dinah closer. Not liking the new information at all.

this is literally a filler and it sucks, because i had no idea what to write for this chapter except nina's and zendaya's part so i did fluff instead.

but i wanna thank all my readers n stuff, because i really didn't know if people would even read this or like it all that much but the reads, votes, and comments proved me wrong. i love you guysssss. 🖤🖤

i hope y'all enjoyed. ✨😁