chapter fifteen.

unedited.

Normani Kordei

D 🦁: Hey, can you meet us at Hazel's house in about fifteen minutes.

Normani popped up, being awaken from her nap and checked her phone. She felt relief pass through her as she saw a text from her girlfriend and instead of texting back she called her.

"Hey baby."

"Hi, are you okay?"

"Nervous, but perfectly healthy. I have something to tell you and I really think it'd be better in person. So, can you meet me at Hazel's house?"

"Yeah, that's cool." She muttered, dryly remembering her theory from earlier.

"Good...oh and Normani?"

"What?"

"I love you." She said, and waited a moment before hanging up the phone.

Normani wanted to feel happy, but she could help but notice the sad tone on her words. It only made her worry more.

Dinah Jane

"She's on her way." The girl mumbled through the silence of the kitchen as she walked back into the den and took a seat on the couch across from her.

"How are we even gonna go about this?"

"I'll tell her what I've been hiding and you can tell her what you've been hiding." Dinah shrugged as if would be the easiest thing.

"How are you so calm?"

Dinah sighed at the girl's question. "Silence is violent and I'm everything, but calm. I've just accepted the fact that my relationship could be nonexistent after this. 'Cause that's the worst that could happen right now." She shrugged.

"Why is that the worst?"

"Can you please stop asking so many questions?" She snapped, looking at the girl who looked down.

"Hey, I'm just trying to keep it interesting until my best friend gets here."

Dinah just ignored her and scrolled through her phone as if to distract herself from her own mind that was feeling with doubt and anxiety of the outcome of this whole situation they found themselves in. She found herself wishing, they'd come back from this and everything would be okay because she really really love her girlfriend and she knew that now. She was interrupted when she saw Zendaya's name flash across her phone screen and she excused herself, walking to the kitchen.

"WHY HAS YOUR ASS BEEN AVOIDING MY CALLS AND TEXT?"

"Daya, calm down." She laughed, finding some comfort in speaking to her friend.

"I will not! Now do I have to come and beat some ass?"

Dinah laughed a little harder. "No one, but I may need you to be on standby some emotional support by the end of this."

"What do you mean?" She asked concerned.

"I'm telling, Normani. Everything."