chapter twelve.

unedited.

Normani Kordei

"Hey Hazel." Normani spoke from her spot on the bed, causing the girl to come out the bathroom and look at the girl on her bed in question as she rubbed her acne scrub on her face.

"What's up?"

Normani thought through her little speech she made in her head to go about this. "So today...I talked to Dinah and told her that this was all to get rid of that dumb rumor and she understood."

"Cool, she should've guessed that. Why would you of all people care to talk to her anyway." She laughed.

"Yeah, but she asked something...she asked if I could ask you to apologize and she'll be completely out of your hair, if you keep out of hers." She said.

"Apologize for what?" The girl said, sounding confused as she laughed loudly. "She's the one who should apologize, and maybe she should just stay clear of me. I won't mess with her." She shrugged, and made her way back to the bathroom.

"Do you have any idea as to what you'd even be apologizing for?" Normani asks curiously, leaning off the edge of the bed.

Hazel came back with her wet hair in two pigtail braids and she sat at her desk chair facing the girl. "Uh uh. She's delusional if she thinks I've done anything to her." She had hesitated a bit before answering, but laughed a bit at the end of the thought of the girl wanting an apology.

Normani hummed squinting at the girl as if trying to figure her out. She simply shrugged and picked up her phone scrolling through it.

My Honey 🍫🍯: Dinah, what is it about? She's not spilling.

D 🦁: ugh nvm. goodnight mani.

Normani groaned aloud and put her face in the softness of the bed which pulled her friend from her staring contest with the wall. "What's up?"

"I've been doing so good. I don't know where I went wrong." She voiced, except she knew where she went wrong she just didn't know how to go about it anymore. The two people she'd normally confide in were the exact two who she couldn't at the moment.

"What are you going on about?"

"My love life." She murmured and sent Dinah a 'goodnight' text. "So what about this little love triangle?" Normani asked, looking at her friend leaning on her hands distracted her from further questions.

She felt clueless.

Her girlfriend wasn't volunteering any information, and Hazel seemed to be completely clueless on anything Dinah was hinting about it. Normani found herself taking the side of her friend. When she took the time to the time to think about...maybe Dinah was a bit manipulative. All Dinah had ever had a problem with when they were dating was Hazel. Now she decided to act out, make a lie, and make Normani feel guilty so she could take her side.

The brunette might /just/ love her girlfriend, but she wouldn't drop her bestfriend over a little jealousy. She couldn't.

So, that's why she found herself waiting for Dinah at their spot. She needed to find out the real reason Dinah was doing this and make her realize she can't just leave her bestfriend like that.

When her girlfriend arrived, she couldn't help but smile and stare at her. She was really really pretty. "Hi." She breathed.

"Hey, you sounded a bit off on the phone. Is everything alright?" She asked her brows furrowed as she pulled the girl into her arms, and hugging her.

"Um, about that...Dinah. It's been a week and I'm not getting anything out of either of you. I just wanna be straight up when I say, I don't believe you. You've been going on about that apology and what everyone doesn't know but she does, but she's as clueless as everyone else!" She explains, frustrated.

"Wait, so you believe her little act she's putting up over me...?"

"Yes, yes I do."

Dinah sighed loudly. "I knew you probably would. It's just once I thought you'd take my side. God, that sounds so selfish, but that's how I feel."

"Of course it is. Look, Dinah...you play a lot more in my life then you really think, but I can't bring myself to not be friends with Hazel to accommodate you. It's not a good look or something I should have to do. It's like you and Z."

"No. Don't bring that up that is nothing like Zendaya and I. I don't want you to ever accommodate me, but I just can't stand her. Mani, youre so blind but I just don't want to tell you only for you to leave me! I'm scared, because you've chose so many things over me and what if this is it. I know high school relationship don't usually last, but I always thought we'd be different-"

Normani grabbed her face making the ranting girl look her in the eyes. "Well, help me see what I'm not. If you actually were to tell me, we could go and ask her about it. She'll eventually have to spill."

"I- just let me talk to her first. Alone, please?"

"I really don't think that's a good idea..." Normani said suspiciously.

"Mani. I need to, or this really could end bad." She hints at what was both poking in their minds, causing her girlfriend agree.

"Fine. Here I'll give you her nu-"

"I have it, and I'll call or text you if one of us happen to catch a case from being in the same room."

Normani rolls her eyes. "Don't jinx anything. Baby, control your temper. Okay?" She asked, stroking her cheek.

"I'll do my best."

Dinah whips out her phone typing out a text.

🖤 : We need to talk. As in today, meet me at Eleanor's.

SHORT ASS CHAPTER SORRY but

what do y'all think is gonna happen at this meet up? 👀

poor mani, just bonfused as a mf. she don't know what to think.