chapter five.

unedited.
(Sorry if the cheerleading stuff is inaccurate! I went off how my school similarly does things. 💞)
two weeks later
Dinah Jane

Dinah looked over at Nina who was comfortably sleeping on her side. She slipped out her grasp, and started pacing the room.

This always happened when she was left alone with her thoughts. She wanted so badly to cave in and text Normani. She missed her and she was craving to be in her arms. She pulled out her phone, but the she thought back to what Nina said and shook her head.

After Dinah and Normani's tiff, Dinah came clean to Nina like Normani asked. She ended up crying in her arms as she told her about the relationship and how she felt. Janina voiced her opinion loud and clear, and told Dinah she should avoid her, so she can see how life might be if she lost Dinah.

Dinah was struggling.

But she'd been holding a good game. She hadn't texted or called Normani, and avoided run-ins with her.

But now she missed her.

"Baby? What's wrong? Why are you pacing?"

"I miss her, Nina. This is the longest I've gone without talking to her." She said, as she got back on the bed, next to the girl.

Nina resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the mention of the dinah's girlfriend, instead she put on a pout and pulled Dinah in her arms. "But you're doing so good, and you need to learn to be happy on your own. If she keeps acting like this, you both will not last."

That broke Dinah's heart and she pulled away from the girl. She had voiced the thoughts that she would stuff in the back of her head. "Yeah." She whispered. Her phone started ringing and Dinah picked up.

"So, you just aren't gonna call me? D, I've been worried."

"Sorry Z. I've been busy."

"Busy hanging out with Nina, huh?"

"It's not like that- hold on." She pulled the phone from her ear. "I'll be back Nina."

The girl sighed and nodded, and watched her walk out, busying herself with her phone.

"Tuh, Dinah. Maybe not for you, but for her? It is. She wants you."

"No it still isn't. We've known each other for two weeks now, and I still have a girlfriend. Nina and I are strictly friends."

"Mhm okay. Anyway, how're you holding up?"

"It hurts, I miss her, but Nina said it's still too early." Dinah sighed out, and Normani is expecting her to run back anytime soon and she'll just hurt her again.

Well, that's what Janina said.

"I wanna meet this Nina and see what advice she's giving you, because you seem to be more hurt over not being with your girlfriend right now. I don't trust her. She's plotting." Zendaya said, bluntly.

Dinah rolled her eyes. "If you're gonna keep saying stuff about her, I'll hang up. She's helping."

"Yes Dinah. She's helping herself to get to you. She's gonna get close to you and when the perfect time comes, she's gonna get you. Roll your eyes all you want, it's gonna happen."