Chapter 2

Carson^^

Carson's POV

"This is heavenly." I moaned as I continued to shovel the food from my plate into my mouth.

"Slow down." My mother scolded me while lightly slapping my bicep. I chewed the food that was in my mouth before taking a sip of water. I looked up and saw Jay trying to hold in his laughter while trying not to choke.

"Gosh, I feel bad for your mate. She's going to have to teach you some manners." She continued making me look down at my lap. Jay stopped laughing at my mom's words.

"Yeah, I bet they will," I mumbled while pushing my plate away, I had lost my appetite.

"She will. You better hope she doesn't reject you." My mother finished before continuing to eat. I looked over at Miles and saw he had a sympathetic smile on his face. Shaking my head I looked back down at my plate; I started pushing the food around on my plate, why did she always make me feel like this?

"Alayna, he's fine." My father stuck up from me. My mother looked appalled as she stood up from the table and quickly walked out of the alphas house. We, the alpha, beta, and gamma's families were all at the alphas house for dinner. As usual, my mom had to bring up something that was wrong about me. Everyone looked at me making me feel uncomfortable at their stares.

"I'm sorry...about that. I'm going to go, Carson gets to the packhouse at a decent time." My father announced as he stood up from the table. I nodded lightly as I watched my father's retreating figure.

"You can stay away." Jay's voice ran through my head. I whispered a quiet 'I know' while I sank down into my seat. Everyone slowly started up a conversation again, but I knew they still were paying attention to me.

This wasn't uncommon. My mother always had something to say about everything I did. No matter how much I tried to please her it was never enough. My father tried to get her to lay off some, but she always got mad and threw a fit because of it. And the whole mate situation, just thinking about it gave me a migraine. She wanted me to meet my mate, mate with her, have kids with her, and then raise a family. All with her. Little did she know...

"Hey Carson, wanna go back to the packhouse? My parents are just gonna watch movies here." Jay asked. I looked up at him and nodded before getting out of my chair. Miles and his family were leaving but Miles stayed behind for a minute. I walked over to him when he motioned me over.

"Don't listen to her. You're great, you're mate will be great, they will love you." He whispered quietly with an understanding smile. I nodded at him with a small smile before I watched him jog outside to catch up with his parents. I felt Jay swing his arm around my shoulder as he pulled me outside and towards the forest.

"Let's go on a run. I think you could use it." He mumbled as we broke through the tree line. We both turned away from each other as we started stripping our clothes. I started to feel the familiar relaxing pain as I began shifting. I closed my eyes and let my wolf, Issac, take over.

When I opened my eyes everything was heightened more than usual. I shook out my lightish brown fur as I stretched out my form. Looking up I saw Jay stretch out his blonde wolf form before looking at me. He jerked his head farther towards the forest; I nodded before running into the forest with my best friend hot on my tail, literally.

We ran for what seemed like less than twenty minutes but was really about two hours. When we finally stopped we were at a small pond in the middle of the pack land. Jay and I settled on the shore with our heads resting on our front paws.