Chapter 15

Jay^^

Carson's POV

"Hello?" I questioned as I walked into my dad and Zayn's, my dad's true mates, house. There were boxes spread all throughout the house from what I could see. Zayn had mailed all of his belongings before he moved here. But they were just now getting in. It wouldn't really make sense for him to unpack everything though. My dad and he would be moving at some point in the near future; so, if he unpacked he'd just be repacking again soon.

"Oh, hello Carson," Zayn greeted me as he walked down the stairs.

"Hi, sorry to just walk in I just usually do," I explained with a small smile on my face. Zayn just let out a deep chuckle and shook his head.

"It's perfectly fine, this was your house long before I came here."

"Yeah, but it's not anymore. Anyways, I really don't want to possibly walk in on you and my dad...hanging out." My voice trailed off a bit by the end of the sentence, but Zayn seemed to understand what I meant.

"Ah, well that makes two of us. But on a better topic, would you like a piece of apple pie? I made it yesterday, and your father said it's your favorite." I nodded excitedly and went over to grab a couple of plates while Zayn got the pie out.

"It is, Jay and I tried to make it one time when we were younger, but he kept messing up. My mom got mad because we didn't clean everything up 'properly'." That was one of the first times I could remember ever seeing my mom actually mad.

"How old were the two of you?" Zayn questioned as he sliced us each a piece of pie and put them on the plates.

"About five or six I think. I told Jay that I wanted apple pie and he somehow convinced me to make some with him. It didn't work out well. We couldn't really put it in the oven so we tried to microwave it, and it ended up exploding. I cleaned up a little, but not to her standards."

"Well of course not, you were five, I don't know what she was expecting." Zayn seemed tense at the story but quickly recovered. We both walked over to the table and started eating the pie.

"This is amazing. Thank you!" I exclaimed after my first bite. Zayn smiled at me in thanks.

"My mother loved to bake; she would bake a cake or pie for every pack member's birthday. So she would teach me everything she knew, and I loved spending that time with her." I could tell that it was a hard topic for him to talk about.

"That seems nice. My dad can cook decent food, but my mom can't cook nor bake. I don't think she ever really tried to." Looking back, she definitely didn't try to help around the house all that much. It seemed to mostly be my dad. She was more into the 'social' side of the pack. Keeping our family name perfect and being at the top of the gossip circles.

"Well, I could teach you if you'd like. My cooking might not be the best, but I do still know a few things. I could teach you a lot about baking." Zayn offered with a smile. I nodded before continuing to eat my pie. It was a really good pie.

"If you don't mind me asking," Zayn started after the two of us finished our pie. "What was or is your relationship like with your mother? Sean hasn't said much about it, but I also don't want to just come into the picture and destroy your family. Please don't feel obligated to answer the question, I don't want to be overstepping my boundaries; if I ever am, please tell me." Zayn's eyebrows were drawn together in concern.

"Don't. Please. You weren't and aren't overstepping any form of boundary by coming here or asking. I don't, and quite frankly, never have had a good relationship with my mother. We-she isn't the best person. Or even a good person. After Jay and I found out that we're mates she kinda disowned me. Not too long after that I found out about the whole...mate situation. I'm happy that she isn't and never was my dad's mate." I explained rather simply. I didn't want to go into too much detail, especially with barely knowing him.

"Okay, as long as you don't be pressured to form more of a...parental relationship with me and replace your mother with me. Now that I would be opposed to that! I just don't want-"

"To be a home-wrecker, I get it." I cut him off.

"Good. Again, your father has not told me much, and it has nearly all been about his relationship with her." Zayn smiled at me before getting up and taking both of our plates to the sink.

"What has me said about their situation? He told me about it but didn't really tell me much about what happened when you two met. If you don't mind me asking, like what was your reaction?" I was curious to say the least. Zayn seemed like a very calm man, and I couldn't imagine him getting mad.

"I was pissed and confused. When I turned 30 I figured my mate had passed away, which was heartbreaking, but I dealt with it. After I met your father, I saw hope? It sounds cliché, but it's the best way I can describe it. Sean seemed, distraught, happy, but also disappointed in himself. I quickly forgave him because all I had ever wanted to be a mate, and with him, I had that. His situation was interesting, to say the least, but I understood his motives." Zayn seemed genuine. It wouldn't have surprised me if he had been upset, even if he still was, but I don't think he held any type of negative feelings towards my dad.

"Thank you for that. You didn't have to completely accept this or my dad."

"In a way, you're correct, but at the same time, I did. I don't think I would have survived if I didn't. Even if I could survive after meeting him, I would have still forgiven him." That is true, mates can't usually love without each other once they meet. Up until that point they're okay, but afterward in nearly impossible.

"True. Anyways, I'm guessing my father isn't here; do you know where I could find him?" Originally I came here to talk with him about my appointments, and a little bit about my mother. He really didn't know much about what happened with her, or even how she treated me. She was good at hiding it and I was good at faking a smile, but I wanted him to know some of it. He's my dad and he needed to know what to expect.

"Currently, he's out overlooking training, and then will be on guard duty for a little while. I'm sure you can go see him though; I'm 1000% sure he'd drop everything if you needed him." Zayn chuckled lightly towards the end of him talking.

"I know, but it's not that important. I just wanted to talk to him about next week." Shrugging, I grabbed a bottle of water, "I'm gonna go. Jay's parents wanted to have dinner tonight. Thank you for the pie, it was amazing and I will take you up on the offer for baking lessons. And thanks for the talk."

"No need to thank me, just let me know when you're free and I'll teach you. I know becoming a Luna will take a lot of time and work." Laughing, I could feel my face starting to heat up as I nodded.

"It will, but I was already preparing for the beta position, so I have some knowledge." Zayn nodded and me and we said goodbye as I walked outside.

He seemed like an overall great guy.

I'm so sorry for not updating!! I've been extremely busy and life has been taking me on quite the spin this year. I'm trying to get back in the routine with both of my books. Thank you for all of those who have waited! It is greatly appreciated.

Comment
Vote
Add
Share