Chapter 5

Jay^^

Jay's POV

Today was one of the best days of my life. Lately, Carson and I have been distant but today it was just like old times. I feel like we made up about whatever problem we had. Something he been on my beta's mind for a while and even though we didn't talk about it I really hoped it was solved.

Right now I was getting dressed for my party. It was 10:40 so both Carson and I were going to be late. After our last movie, we talked for a few minutes about everything. Mostly it was about us becoming alpha and beta of the pack. It was a big deal and a big responsibility to take over running the pack. Everyone looks up to you, everyone follows you, and everyone just likes you I guess. We both wanted to be the best alpha and beta we could be, and we had a lot to live up to with our parents.

I finished putting on my shirt before I sprayed some cologne on. I was wearing black shorts and an off-white v-neck shirt; my shoes were just brown Sperrys. Walking out of my room I made sure to grab my phone before I went over to Carson's room.

"Let's go! We're already late." I shouted at my Beta through his bedroom door. It was about 10:45 now so we were 45 minutes late, to my birthday party. It wasn't that unusual for us to be late because, according to our parents, we didn't know how to read a clock. Which seemed pretty accurate.

"I'm coming I'm coming. Jeez, don't get your panties in a twist." He yelled back while he opened his door. I looked him up and down taking in his outfit. He was wearing red-colored shorts and a charcoal colored sweater, that looked really hot, like warm hot, and his shoes were black converse.

"Ready?" I asked as he nodded. Shutting his bedroom door he followed me down the stairs and to the backyard where my party was being held. The second we stepped outside everyone cheered for me making me smile and Carson walk away, over to Miles. I was about to follow him but some of my friends calling me over stopped me. Looking over I saw some of my close friends all gathered around, in a circle, motioning me over. I looked over at Carson and saw that he was talking to Miles and his mate Will. Those two were an interesting couple, to say the least.

Walking over to the group I felt someone's eyes on me. Turning around I saw Jennifer staring at me with a smirk. She was standing closer to the woods with a group of her friends all standing around. She had on a long black coat that was tied around her waist and red stilettos. I watched as she untied the coat and dropped it to the ground revealing red, lacy, lingerie. Both my wolf and I cringed as I turned away and walked over to my friends who were laughing at me.

"We broke up and she's still trying to sleep with me. I mean I'm finding my mate tonight, hopefully, and she's definitely not them." I stated as I shivered in disgust. She really needed to lay off, it's gross. They all laughed louder making me laugh too. See Carson and I shared a lot of the same friends, but we both had some friends that were just our friends. For the most part, though we all got along, especially the mated ones.

We all talked for what seemed like forever. That all kept asking me about finding my mate and who I wanted it to be. And in all honesty, I didn't want it to be anyone. I would be happy with whoever my mate ended up being. They're my mate, after all, we were made for each other.

By the time we had all stopped out conversation, it was 11:40. Time flies by fast.

Oh, my fucking hell! 20 minutes. 20 fucking minutes until I can find my mate. I'm internally squealing. I excused myself from my friends before going to look for Carson, I wanted to be by him when I turned 18. For as long as I can remember we were always together the second it officially became one of our birthdays. It was a tradition.

As I was looking for Carson I noticed a bunch of people staring at me, mostly teen girls. They all were hoping we were mates. I mean there's a good chance we could be but I didn't know; not yet anyway. I finally found Carson and he was still talking to Miles. Before I could go up to him my father's voice rang through my head.

Come over to the porch. Was all he said. Turning around I saw him standing there with my mom. Deciding to go talk to them for a couple of minutes, I walked up to them. When I got there I was quickly embraced in a bone-crushing hug from my mom, which didn't surprise me. She stood at 5'10" with a decent amount of muscles. I felt her tears on my shirt making me pull away.

"You're growing up." Was all she whispered before she broke down into tears. My father put his arms around her and let his mate cry into his side.

"You're going to be able to find your mate in just 15 minutes. And then next week you'll become alpha. You have no idea how proud I am of you. You will be a wonderful alpha, Jamison." My father said deeply. He was never one to be emotional or praise me much but when he did it always meant the world to me. I knew he cared about me and was proud of me he just wasn't too good at showing it.

"Thank you; I'll have a lot to live up to though," I told him honestly. Nervous didn't even take a fraction of the emotion I felt about becoming alpha and finding my mate. I mean I wasn't necessarily going to find them tonight, I could find them years from now. Even though I had a slight feeling that I would find out who they were tonight I didn't know for sure.

"You'll do great baby. I promise." My mom spoke up. Looking down at her I saw that she still had tears in her eyes and was sniffling. I pulled her into a hug as she cried some more. As I held her in an embrace I checked the time on my phone and saw that it was 11:55. Five more minutes.

My father started talking to me some more about meeting my mate and becoming alpha. All that was on my mind was Carson though. We were always with each other for the other birthdays, and now I'm stuck by my parents. He's all I could think about, he was the only thing on my mind. It's weird, I should be thinking about finding my mate. Not my best friend and beta.

"One minute, one minute until you turn 18." My Dad whispered as tears gathered in his eyes. The entire pack's attention was turned to our family as people stared. I started to look around for Carson and when I found him he was hugging Miles, turned away from me. That both made me mad and hurt. Weird.

"20 seconds!" Someone shouted as I looked around the backyard. Everyone was staring at me but I wasn't paying attention. Carson was still turned away.

"Ten!"
Why won't he look at me?
"Nine!"
Was he still mad at me for whatever reason?
"Eight!"
Is he okay?
"Seven!"
Why am I only thinking about him?"
"Six!"
He's my best friend.
"Five!"
I'm finding my mate.
"Four!"
Carson, please look at me.
"Three!"
He's my meilleur ami.
"Two!"
Here it goes.
"One!"
Carson.
"Zero!"
Mine.

"Happy birthday Alpha!" Carson!

Mate him! Mark him! Claim! Mate now! Impregnate him! Now you stupid human. My wolf, Zander, growled at me while trying to take over. I could feel him getting stronger as he tried to break through.

"You found your mate." My father stated like he made some huge new discoveries. I rolled my eyes that were transfixed on my beta, turned mate, who was still hugging Miles, and still wasn't paying attention to me.

"Tell Carson to come to my room." I all but growled at my parents who were staring at me wide-eyed as I went up to my room.

My mate was my best friend.

I'm the betas alpha.

Comment
Vote
Add
Share