Chapter 10

Carson^^

Carson's POV

"We're here," Jay sighed after our twenty-minute car ride to the best pizza shop around. A pout was still etched on my face as Jay got out of the car and came over to get me out. I really didn't want to eat a bunch of pizza, I was already fat enough.

The door opening broke me out of the depressing thoughts running through my head. Jay grabbed my hand and pulled me to his side. The electric feelings I got just from touching him made me dizzy. I can't even imagine anything that is more pleasurable. The tingles and the way my heart fluttered every time he was around took my breath away. His face tended to do that too.

"Welcome to Two Pizzas, Two Pies, Hungry Guys. What can I get you two today?" The peppy girl standing behind the counter asked. Jay held up a finger indicating we needed a moment making her smile brightly while nodding.

How can someone be so fudging happy?

"What do you want Doll?" Jay asked as he came to stand behind me. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist and his chin was resting on my head. I had to fight the blush creeping up my neck as I looked over the menu. It had been so long since I had pizza because Alayna, my "mother", never let me eat it.

"Hawaiian pizza with barbecue sauce instead of pizza sauce," I told him a few minutes later. His head was now buried in my neck making it hard for me to focus. Jay's breath was fanning across my neck causing shivers to rack my body.

"Mmm'k," he whispered before moving out of my neck, placing a kiss on my temple, and pulling me up to the counter. I knew my face was on fire as he ordered; the lady standing there was staring at the two of us with a shocked expression on her face. I knew why too.

Her name was Abby and she went to our school. She had been in a few of my classes and she knew that Jay and I were best friends. Well more than best friends now, but nobody that wasn't part of the pack knew that. I mean there hadn't really been any time where we could tell our non-pack friends; they would find out eventually though.

"Your total will be $23.89." She told Jay after he had finished ordering. Before I could grab out my wallet, to pay, Jay was already handing over the cash.

"Thank you! Your food should be done in about five minutes." She told us while handing back Jay's change. We both nodded before grabbing our drink cups and walking over to the pop dispenser. Jay got Dr.Pepper while I got lemonade. I don't really like carbonated drinks.

"You smell really good." Jay murmured in my ear as he walked past me. My cheeks lit up with a blush at that compliment. Jay smelt like vanilla, strawberries, and with the most undertone scent of the forest. Not too much, but not too little. Just enough.

"You too," I whispered to myself. Of course, being the idiot that I am, I forgot he'd be able to hear me.

"Thank you!" He beamed at me. The blush on my cheeks deepened as I rushed over to the food counter. Jay laughed behind me as he followed to pick up our food. Abby came back out a minute later with two boxes of pizza, a box of breadsticks, and a small bag with dipping sauce.

"You two can eat here if you'd like. I just have to clean up, which is going to take me about an hour." She told us while pointing to the seats. It was 8:23 in the evening so the actual restaurant part of the pizza place will close down soon. They stay open until 11:00 for delivery or pick up orders. We thanked her before walking over to a table and getting situated.

"What do I smell like to you?" Jay asked randomly as we picked out our pizza and breadsticks.

"Vanilla, strawberries, and slightly foresty," I answered without skipping a beat. Right away I realized how creepy that sounded. Like stalker creepy.