Chapter 14

Carson^^

Jay's POV

"Finding Nemo is way better than The Lion King. Simple." Miles argued with me.

"No, it's not. Have you ever watched The Lion King? It is an amazing film that describes the importance of family." I defended one of my favorite 'child' movies.

"What do you think Finding Nemo teaches? It also shows that family doesn't end in blood." The two of us continued to argue as our mate's continued to watch whatever movie was on currently.

"Stop it. Seriously, we get it you two have different opinions on what movie better." Will shouted quickly before his face turned a bright red color and he buried his head in Miles' side. My gamma and I smiled at each other before turning and looking at the TV, Mean Girls was on.

When did we become so fucking gay?

Oh, right, probably when we found out mates.

I mean I've always like Mean Girls, but it just seems different now. Pulling Carson closer to me I watched as his eyes started to flutter close. His heartbeat was both slowing down and evening out; a tell-tale sign that he was falling asleep.

"Do you want to go upstairs? You're falling asleep." I asked quietly as the movie started playing. Carson's head shot up and he looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. He nodded his head making me stand up with him in my arms. Miles and Will looked over at us; when they saw that Carson was nearly sleeping they looked back at the TV.

When I got up to my room I tucked Carson in and started stripping. I took off my shirt before crawling into bed with my mate.

My lovely mate.

Pulling him closer to me I started to recall everything that has happened.

First, I found out that my best friend, and future beta, was actually my mate. It wasn't that I minded, but it was definitely the most unexpected thing that's happened in my life. I've always thought this I'd get a female mate, but I never fully consider myself straight. Most werewolves don't because it can possibly just complicate things once they find their mate. No guy had ever made me feel a fraction of what I do towards Carson; no other person has ever made me feel it, but up to this point girls have only been attractive to me.

Basically I have never wanted to bend someone over and have complete control over them before. Now though, oh god the things I want to do to Carson.

Second, I-we found out that Carson's Mom wasn't actually his dad's mate, and that Sean has a male mate. That was an...interesting discovery. I've never heard stories about people giving up on trying to find their mate; sure, people stop looking as hard, but never people simply settling for some random person. And Carson's mom was a pretty random person. In a way though, I understand why he did it.

I'm five, almost six, months older than Carson, and Miles is older than me by four months. When my parents met my father was 22 and my mother was 19. Sean was 23 once I was born, and all eyes were on him in hopes of him finding his mate. He could only wait so long before something would have to happen, because of his position in the pack. So, I guess he just found someone and created a kid. And what a perfect kid he created.

Carson started moving around, breaking me from my thoughts. He started moving around until he was tucked under my chin, with my arm wrapped around his slim waist.

Third, and the last thing, I found out that Carson is both depressed and suffers from an eating disorder. Finding that out was shocking, and that's an understatement. While different mental disorders do affect werewolves, they're not the most common thing. Not that they're unheard of, but they do still happen.

I wish Carson would have told me sooner, or, even if he didn't feel like he could tell me without being judged, he should have at least told someone else. It just breaks my heart that he felt like he couldn't tell me; that he couldn't tell anyone for that matter. He should not have had to deal with all of this by himself, nobody should.

Also, I feel like I would have possibly handled the situation better. The announcement I made was uncalled for and just plain stupid.

"Gonna cause wrinkles, thinkin' too 'ard." Carson's sleep filled voice mused. Looking down at the gorgeous guy I have the privilege of calling mine, I saw that he was staring up at me with droopy eyelids.

"Aw, you look so pretty. With a sleepy face." I coped watching as Carson's face turned a pretty pink color; I wonder where else that color would look good.

"No! No! No! Tame your freaking self." Carson squealed while pushing himself away from me. Smiling innocently at him, I pulled away and watched as my mate quickly moved to the opposite side of my bed.

"You do realize that at one point you're going to be feeling a lot more of me? Not saying that it'll be any time soon, but it will be at one point." I looked over at Carson who had wrapped himself in multiple blankets, so he looked like a burrito.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, tired." He mumbled while looking at me with wide eyes.

"Bull shit, but I'll drop it for now. You're too innocent for your own good." Looking over at Carson, I noticed that he was biting his bottom lip.

"C-can you go with us Monday?" My pretty Carson asked without looking at me. His voice was shy like he was actually expecting me to say no. My heart was melting at the sight.

"Course I will doll face. I was already planning on asking you if you wanted me to go." Carson nodded before looking down to see if I was still hard. Noticing that I wasn't, he moved back over to me.

The two of us laid cuddled up next to each other for quite some time. Each lost inside of our own thoughts.

"Oh, that's what I wanted to do." Getting up I walked over to my dresser and started going through my top drawer. My finger caught on what I was looking for, causing me to smile at the thought of what was about to happen. Turning back around, I saw that Carson was sitting up and looking less 'burrito-ey'.

"So, we're mates, as you know, and what I'm about to give you is a promise. It's a promise that I'll be here for you, through everything and anything. I want you to know, and remember, that you can trust me. You can count on me for anything. I don't care what's going on with you, or between us, just remember that. So, Carson here is my promise to you." My lovely mate had tears in his eyes as I pushed the ring onto his ring finger.

"Perfect fit." He whispered before throwing himself into my arms.

"Good thing you have small hands, but that's the only thing that that's sm-"

"Shut the heck up please."

"Again, innocent."

Sorry for not updating!!! I've just been dealing with some stuff lately. I'm hoping to get back on a schedule; again, sorry.
Comment
Vote
Add
Share