Chapter 18

Carson^^

Carson's POV

The walk back to the house was uneventful. Aside from the fact that we nearly ran into a group of guards. Jay went all alpha-male at the idea. My pants were cum-soaked, and I knew I smelt like sex.

"You need to shower, and then we're curling up together in a ball," Jay whispered as we walked into the packhouse. It was getting late, so everyone was starting to wind down.

"I was already planning on showering. Which room tonight?" I asked. The two of us had been switching whose room we were sleeping in.

"Mine." Jay answered, "we can just go straight there. I want you sleeping in my clothes." I didn't argue because I could tell Zander was still on edge. Jay was constantly running his hands along my body, scenting me.

"Jay, I'm about to shower. There's no need for all the scenting." I complained lightly. I loved smelling like him, but there wasn't much of a point when I was just going to be washing it all off.

Jay's eyes flashed a bit, startling me. I didn't realize how tense both he and Zander were.

"Do you not want my scent on you?"

"I-it's not that, but I'm showering. You'll have to scent me again momentarily." I explained. Jay didn't seem to care though.

"We're showering together then,"

"Ja-I don't," want you to be disappointed in my body, "think that's necessary. You can scent me aft-oof!" My sentence ended in a squeal at Jay picked me up fireman style.

"Your body is perfection. Don't try to argue with me on that. It might take some time, but you will believe me at some point."

My vision blurred from unshed tears because I didn't believe him. I didn't think I ever could.

When we got into the bathroom, Jay sat me down on the counter and began fiddling with the shower.

"Strip time," Jay sang as he turned around and began pulling off his T-shirt. After his shirt was off, he pulled me off the counter and began undressing me. My face was burning as he pulled my pants and shirt off, leaving me in just my underwear.

"You good?" He asked while caging me against the counter. I nodded, not trusting myself to speak, causing him to smile.

Without a second thought, Jay pulled down my underwear leaving me completely bare. They were still sticky from the forest when he threw them into my hamper.

"Jump in the shower, I'll be right behind you."

I quickly went around Jay; I could feel his burning gaze as I stepped into his shower. I was standing under the hot water for only 15 seconds before I felt Jay's arms wrap around my waist. I could feel...everything of his pressing against me.

The two of us simply stood under the spray of the water for a few minutes. It was comforting in a way I wasn't ever expecting. I felt like this was where I was supposed to be. Just being held in Jay's arms. I hadn't felt comfortable like this is such a long time.

"You're so beautiful," said Jay out of nowhere.

"St-,"

"No, listen. You're smart, humble, caring, gorgeous and just perfection wrapped up in such an amazing human being. I was shocked to find out that we were mates, but I couldn't think of a better person do spend the rest of my life with. We've said it before, but it holds a different meaning, at least to me, now. I love you, Carson. I know you don't believe me, but I will spend the rest of my life making you believe me.