Chapter 6

Carson^^

Carson's POV

"It'll be okay, I promise." Miles soothed as we hugged tightly. Only he knew, knew everything, nobody even suspected anything. He did though. It was an accident when he found out one thing, a huge thing, but after that, I opened up to him about it all. Jay didn't even know, he'd be disgusted and wouldn't even know what to say.

"Carson?" The alphas voice startled me. Miles and I moved apart as I turned to look at him. He looked slightly uneasy as him and my dad stared at each other, I think they were mind-linking.

"Jay wanted me to ask you to come up to his room to talk about his mate I'm guessing." He told me making me look at him confused. Why does Jay want me to come up to his room? Shouldn't he be with his mate? My wolf whined when I thought that.

"Okay," I answered the silent question. I gave Miles a look, which he returned before I walked to the packhouse and up to Jay's room. It took me longer than it usually does because I was dragging my feet. I honestly didn't want to know who his mate was, my wolf was whining at the thought of it alone. Everything was just happening so quickly, I guess.

When I got up to Jay's room his scent was a lot stronger than it usually was. And it smelt better, like a lot better, I'm guessing it was part of him meeting his mate. They're lucky, whoever they are. I knocked on the door a few times before walking in. I didn't want to walk in on his mate and him kissing, that'd make me feel worse about myself.

"Hey, I'm happy for you. You found your mate and all." I told him with fake enthusiasm once I walked into his room. Then I took in his appearance. Jay was sitting on his bed with his face in his hands. His hair was disheveled, I'm guessing he's run his hands through it. When he didn't answer I knew something was up.

"Are you okay? Look if it's something about your mate I'm sure it'll all work out. You and your mate will be fine, you're made for each other. They're lucky." I whispered the last sentence. It felt like I was killing myself every time I talked about his mate. His head looked up at me and his eyes were flashing between his normal grey color and blue, meaning his wolf was wanting out.

"Enough," he growled out as he stood up and started walking towards me. I wanted to back up but I couldn't; I was paralyzed. He stalked towards me, reminding me of how a predator would its prey, and the second he landed his hands on me I knew why. When he grabbed my arms the amount of energy the shot through my body made me jump. The tingles and sensations coursing through my body made my knees weak. Jay growled as he pulled me as close as he possibly could while he stuffed his face in my neck; that alone made me moan.

"You. Are. Mine." He seethed making me shiver. We're mates. Oh my word, we're mates. My best friend is my mate. I couldn't believe it, he was my mate. His arms snaked around my waist as he pulled me even closer; my hands were resting against his pecs causing my fingers to feel the tingles. My entire body felt them actually.

"W-what?" I stuttered weakly. This was all shocking to me. I mean, so I've kinda liked him for about a year now, and that's the huge thing Miles found out. At first, I thought it was just something with us both being closer to becoming alpha and beta, but then the feelings grew and more happened. Other things happened that I want to just forget.

"We're mates." He whispered in my ear before placing a soft kiss behind it. My entire being shuddered at the seemingly simple act. I could feel his smirk as he continued to place simple kisses along my neck and ear.

"H-how?" I stuttered once again. I was shocked, to say the least. Betas and alphas don't usually become mates. I felt his stiffen a bit before forcing himself to relax.