Chapter 5: Prepare to die

"Are you sure ma'am?" Alfred asked polietly for the thrid time, Katherine smiled politely but continued to step out through the grand oak doors. Her thick overcoat hanging off her narrow shoulders, the bitter cold air of Gotham slipping through the open door. The early morning sun just barely able to break through the trees surrouding the wide Wayne manor land. Though Alfred had offered her a taxi or some kind of drive home, Katherine had rejected all offers.
"Its okay. Thanks Alfred." She said as she turned into the darkness of the night. Her eyes attempting to look forwards and not looking back at Jason as he entered the towering entrance way. As Alfred shut the towering Wayne Manor doors behind Katherine with a soft click, Jason's calm, blank expression dropped. He sharply turned to Tim who stood by the library open door way.
"I'm going to kill you." He snarled under his breathe, before he could charge towards Tim. His gloved fists tightly clenched into a ball. Alfred slipped between them. Niether of the men made any attempt to move Alfred out of the way.
"What did I do?" Tim asked nervously, confusion coating his voice and expression.
"Master Todd please calm down." He said calmly, both ignoring Tim's words.
"He never should have involved her!"He snapped. His eyes still giving cold glare towards Tim, who had a somewhat confused expression sent back to his older brother.
"He had no other choice." Bruce said, his voice echoing out from the back of Tim. All three men turned as he limped out from behind Tim, Alfred took a step back as Bruce approached his second adopted son.
"She was safe. She was finally safe." Jason snapped. "She had moved on!"
"We'd be dead Jason. Just be greatful that we got out of there."
"Leave. Her. Out of it." He said finally None of the men stopped Jason as he turned and left back into the bat cave. Tim finally stepped out from his protective door way, confusion swimming in his brain. Bruce turned to his youngest son, "I didn't know he would be this mad." Tim muttered.
"You did your best. Try to leave him for a while."
"Are you going to explain to me, why you went missing in the first place?" Tim asked, his brow raised. Bruce sighed.
"Joker seemed to be having some activity outside of Gotham. It appeared that he had some connections with Gotham city hospitals, Jason left by himself before I could stop him. By the time we got there it was just a bunch of his guys."
"....so a dead end?"
"For now. Nothing showed up in the warehouse." Bruce began to move up the stairs, taking Katherine's advice he went to finally rest for the night. "Be careful when your out there." He called out before finally disappearing into the deep hallways in his mansion.