The Ceremony

Robinpaw had a permanent purr in her throat as she headed toward the Great Tree.

She was going to be a full member.

She was going to get her full name.

Ever since she'd returned from her assessment, she'd been stuck somewhere between excitement and nervousness.

She was going to be a full member.

A full member.

The meeting had already been called, this time by Lilyflower, which struck the silver tabby as a bit unusual.

Of course, she was my Tester. Perhaps that's it...?

Robinpaw was suddenly joined at the front if the crowd by her littermates-- one cream and another grey. Oh, of course. They're becoming full members today as well...

She, however, was the only one for whom her name would be a surprise.

Irispaw will be Irisblossom, Greypaw will be Greyfur...

But me? I could be Robin-anything.

She turned to look back at the still-chattering crowd, and picked out Thrushnose and Foxtail immediately. Foxtail nodded at her encouragingly while Thrushnose waved her tail energetically.

She's just as excited as I am, thought Robinpaw, amused.

"We gather today to welcome three young cats as full members of FloraClan," mewed the light grey she-cat.

Robinpaw turned to face the Great Tree, whose leaves were only just starting to bud. She made eye contact with Lilyflower, who looked at her with something akin to pride.

"Greypaw, step forward."

Robinpaw's littermate stepped forward, his steps faltering slightly in excitement.

"Oh, Sun and Moon, the givers of light and life, look down upon me to approve my choice. Greypaw, you have proved an excellent contributor to the Den of Servants. Whitefur, is your trainee Greypaw prepared to take on the role of a full member of the Den of Servants?"

Whitefur nodded. "He is ready, Leader of the Flowers."

"Then by the power granted to me by my position, I give you your name. Greypaw, from this moment on, your name shall be Greyfur. The Den of Servants welcomes you as a full member."

Greyfur stepped back, pride shining in his eyes.

He didn't look extremely hopeful however, but Robinpaw couldn't blame him. After all, he didn't have a ton to look forward too.

He was just a Servant, and always would be.

"Irispaw, step forward."

The cream she-cat stepped forward with a slight spring in her step. Robinpaw felt jealous at her sister's happiness before quickly smothering the unworthy feeling with pride.

She should be proud of her littermate-- the she-cat that would soon become a full member.

"Oh, Sun and Moon, the givers of light and life, look down upon me to approve my choice. Irispaw, you have proved an excellent contributor to the Den of Lesser Leaders. Your excellent problem-solving skills are held in the highest regard by every member of FloraClan. Heatherblossom, is your trainee Irispaw prepared to take on the role of a full member of the Den of Lesser Leaders?"

Heatherblossom inclined her head. "She is ready, Leader of the Flowers."

"Then by the power granted to me by my position, I give you your name. Irispaw, from this moment on, your name shall be Irisblossom. The Den of Lesser Leaders welcomes you as a full member."