Chapter Twelve

DeAndre

I entered the club with Mary hanging on my arm. She was excited and had been filling my head with nonstop chatter about dancing, but I only wanted to see Cami and make sure she stayed safe. I was so desperate to get here after Blake called, I thought I might die before my work shift was over. I quickly searched the room, initially skimming past the leggy brown skinned girl standing at the bar sipping a drink beside Jason. My brain suddenly registered what I'd seen, and my head felt like it was going to explode as two emotions slammed into me simultaneously.

Lust and rage.

I'd never seen Cami dressed so provocatively before, and instantly I knew Jason had bought her the dress. Her gorgeous curly hair was pulled away from her face and neck, piled loosely on her head. She wore big gold hoop earrings, and her makeup was done heavier than normal. The slinky outfit clung to her perfect body like a second skin. Dipping low enough in the front to show off the top of her cleavage, it scooped so low in the back it bordered being indecent, causing my temperature to raise even more. The hemline fell just past her round butt, and I couldn't help wondering what she was wearing underneath it. If she bent over, or if the dress rode up even an inch, I'd have my answer. Her smooth legs were bare down to the fashionable black heels she wore. They were the most conservative things she had on, and I recognized them as something she'd worn previously.

My first thought was to storm across the room, throw her over my shoulder, and get her out of here — case be damned.

I took a deep breath, knowing I needed to calm myself, but then Jason touched her. His hand drifted across the bare skin of her back, skimming the lower part her dress before coming to rest on her bare thigh. He traced a finger against her leg, and she shifted away slightly. Everything in my vision blurred. The blaring rhythm of the music matched the pounding aggression flooding through my system, and I could only process one thought: I was going to kill him.

Mary stumbled as I yanked her forward, clamoring to regain her balance and gripping my arm tighter. I didn't slow down — even when I heard her let out a very unladylike curse, but I didn't care about her at the moment. All I could think of was the need to plant my fist squarely in Jason's face.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I shouted, when I reached his side. I shaved his shoulder, and he fell back against the bar before standing to face me.

"Back off, man," he yelled loudly above the music. His body was tense, ready to strike.

"I told you my sister was off limits! What part of that did you not understand?" I was struggling to keep myself in control, but losing the battle fast.

"Are you saying I'm not good enough for her? The street goes both way, DeAndre. You're dating my sister. That makes yours fair game."

I felt like I was going to grind my teeth into dust, I was clenching them so hard. He had a point, and I didn't know how to respond. I needed to get a grip.

"Did you buy her that dress?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest. Cami stood stock still, not speaking, eyes darting back and forth between us, and I could tell she was scared by my reaction.

Jason grinned and glanced at Cami, letting his gaze travel hotly over her. "I did. Doesn't she look fabulous?"

She looked incredible, but I wasn't about to admit it. Thankfully, Mary stepped forward, picking her own fight.