Maia

I jerk awake to banging on my door. I sit up with a growl. "Whoever woke me up is going to die!" I yell, throwing off the silk sheets.

The door opens and Kaine smirks at me. "Dad says you have training today," he says quickly then slams the door shut.

I stalk to my connected bathroom, muttering curse words under my breath. I strip down and take a cold shower to wake me up. While I dry myself off, I stare at my reflection in the mirror.

I look a lot like my mom, everything but my eyes and hair are the same. My hair is curly like hers but it's brown instead of red, and my eyes are also green but generously flecked with gold making them appear hazel.

My brothers look like almost identical copies of my dad, all except for Jaxon's red hair and Kaine's dark demeanor.

I hear harsh knocking on my door. "Maia get out of there!" Jaxon yells.

I roll my eyes. "I'll be there in a minute!"

I quickly pull on a tank top and shorts over my lacy black undergarments. I pull my waist-length hair up into a ponytail as I walk downstairs.

At the kitchen counter, Kaine and Jaxon are both stuffing their faces with food. My mom is shaking her head at them, her face twisted in disgust. Dad is nowhere in sight.

"Where's dad?" I ask, sitting down on the stool between my brothers.

"He's in the pack hospital, why?" Jaxon asks.

My eyes widen in shock. "Oh gods, what happened?" I ask.

"He did something stupid again—I swear he is maturing backwards!" my mom growls in annoyance and my brothers and I laugh.

"Dad doesn't seem to realize that there is a reason mom normally does interrogations and punishment for prisoners," Jaxon says.

"Has he been in there since yesterday?" I ask. 

He nods and I turn towards Kaine with a glare. "You lied to me! Dad's not training with me today!" I growl.

He smirks. "Took you long enough to figure it out."

I lift my fist but my mom growls at me. I glance over and she gives me a warning look that makes me put my fist down immediately.

Honestly my mom is the most terrifying person I've ever seen when she is angry. Both of my brothers are scared of seeing her when she's mad, even Kaine.

My dad on the other hand, it's difficult to just take him seriously since he's always doing stupid stuff or getting himself hurt—I think that's where my brothers get their stupidity from.

According to aunt Angel he wasn't always this foolish, but after Jaxon was born I guess he just lost all common sense. My theory is he became Alpha at too young an age that he is trying to make up for his lost childhood now that his responsibilities are less burdening.

"Maia!" I snap out of my thoughts when Jaxon yells my name.

"Huh―what?" I ask, looking around.

My mom rolls her eyes. "You are going to spend the day with Mykael and I," she says.

"What! Why?" I demand. Kaine and I are still in school and today is Sunday, and the last thing I want is to waste it hanging out with my mom and Gamma.