Taylor

Lol everyone said they want a third I don't know why I even asked XD

I'm glad you guys like my books though, your comments are amazing :)

This is the last chapter so I actually edited it, I hope there aren't any mistakes but knowing me I probably still missed a few things. I hope you like it anyway though :)

********

"Thank you for coming with me," I mutter, curling my fingers into his brown and gold fur.

You still haven't told me what we're doing here, he says.

"I already told you, I don't know," I sigh.

I'd feel a lot better if I knew why I was taking you to the heart of dragon territory, he growls.

"The Queen asked us to come that's why. You don't trust her?"

I don't trust anyone.

I frown. "Not even me?"

He stops and cranes his head to look at me. His eyes take my breath away. He told me they are a genetic mutation that runs in his family. All of the males have wolves with eyes of icy blue instead of yellow.

Taylor, do you trust me? he asks.

The question catches me off guard. I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out.

He turns away and begins walking again. I grip his fur tighter as he picks up the pace and starts to jog down the mountain path. I'll trust you when you decide you can trust me. If I trust you any sooner, I will surely scare you away.

"You're scaring me right now," I mumble, anxiety gnawing at my insides.

His chuckle echoes in my mind. My point exactly.

*******

"Taylor, Alpha Dorian. It's good to see you two again," she says as we walk through the tunnel of rock.

"My Queen, you have our condolences," Shawn says, bowing his head.

She looks like royalty in her blood red dress and black iron crown. The guards around her wear gleaming black armor and I feel Shawn's hand tighten around mine.

"I'm glad you could come on such short notice, I hope the journey wasn't too difficult. The Mountains grow more dangerous as it gets colder," she remarks.

"It wasn't bad," I say. "Can you tell us what we're doing here?"

She smiles a little. "You're here for a few things actually. With my mate and daughter's deaths, there is no longer a werewolf ruler."

I frown. "What about Kaine?" I ask.

"He refused."

"Well then who's going to―" The words catch in my throat as realization hits me. "You want Shawn to be the new werewolf king?"

"I do," she says, turning to look at my mate.

Shawn's normal composure is gone, replaced by shock. He stares at the queen with wide eyes. "I would be honored Queen Zari," he mutters, bowing his head again.

"Does that mean you accept?"

He glances at me. "If I do, you will be the Werewolf Queen and Luna of the packs, is that okay with you?" He asks.

I swallow hard. I open my mouth but I can't think of anything to say.

"I will give you some time to discuss it. But after the ceremony I will need an answer," she sighs.