Jaxon

Okay so it was close but I got the most votes for Jaxon POV so that's what I'm doing now and then I will do Kaine's POV next :) This isn't edited but I hope you still enjoy (and thank you so much for the nominations again I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!) Sorry this took a little longer than the last few updates but Finals weeks sucks XD

*******

I seriously don't know what to do. They're hidden beneath the blanket but I can't stop seeing the scars. There were hundreds―literally hundreds―completely covering his back and shoulders and arms.

He just looked so broken when I tried to help and that's not something I've ever had to deal with before. How do you help someone that doesn't think they have a chance?

He has probably never had anyone be kind to him other than your mother, maybe he truly believes what others say about him? Azazel offers.

That's absolutely awful, he must feel so alone.

Well you should get to know him then and try to help him out, plus he is really cute, my dragon murmurs.

I look at Ash again and realize she's right. He is really cute.

"Hey Ash?" I say quietly.

He lifts his head slightly to look at me. "What?"

"I'm sorry for pushing you before. I just really want to get to know you, you seem like a really awesome person. Is there something we can talk about that's a little easier?" I ask carefully.

His eyes widen and surprise is written all across his face. "You're kidding, right?" he scoffs.

I bite the inside of my cheek. Well that was a shitty idea, I growl. "No I wasn't but never mind, just forget I said anything," I tell him quickly, turning away to lay down.

"No I didn't―Jaxon wait! I just―I just meant that I―well, do you really want to get to know me?" he finally asks with a sigh.

I glance back over my shoulder. "Well yeah. I wasn't just talking to break the awkward silence," I shrug.

His eyebrows shoot up. "Oh. Uh well this is really new to me. Nobody ever wants to talk to me. I'm not really sure what to even talk about."

I sit up, crossing my legs and lighting a small fire off to the side so I can see better. "What's your favorite color?"

"Not that I can really say anything but that's a pretty lame conversation starter," he mutters.

I roll my eyes with a small smile. "I'm just starting easy. Mine is burgundy."

He makes a face. "I don't know what color that is," he says.

"It's kind of like a deep, really rich brown color with just a little red―actually it's about the same color as your eyes," I mutter in realization.

I see just the hint of a smile on his face but then it's gone. "I guess mine would have to be blue but not like the sky blue, more like the river when it's full of the tiny green fish kind of blue."

"Oh yeah I know what you're talking about, that is a pretty color. Okay, um, what's your dragon's name―you are a dragon right?"

He sighs with a small nod. "Her name is Cassiel," he says and my jaw drops.

"Wait you're a Fury dragon too?"

He nods again. "Yeah."

"You don't seem too happy about it."

"It just makes what I did that much worse. A Fury dragon killing other Fury dragons, how despicable is that?" he mumbles.

"It's sad, but definitely not despicable. If you chose to do it and were still doing it today then yeah that would be a different story. But you're not, you're just trying to make up for what you did," I tell him.