Taylor

So it's a toss-up between Jash and Axon. Which one do you guys like better???

********

"Taylor!"

I sigh heavily into my pillow. "What?" I yell but it's muffled.

I hear my door open. "Alpha Dorian is here to see you," Logan says.

I groan. "Why the fuck can't he come at a normal time? Why must he show up so early in the morning?" I grumble.

"He's an alpha Tay, he has a pack to run. Honestly you're lucky he's putting in this much effort and showing up at all," he snorts.

"Get out," I spit. I hear the floor creak as he moves closer and a growl escapes my lips. "Logan get the fuck out of my room before I put my foot up your ass."

The door slams shut and a few moments later, there's a soft knock. "You can come in Shawn," I mutter, rolling over with a small sigh. It's dark in my room but I can still see.

The door slowly opens and my mate steps inside. I can't help the smile that creeps onto my face at the sight of his childish grin. "I apologize for coming so early in the morning," he says.

I sit up with a yawn. "Why do you keep coming so early?" I ask.

"My advisors don't like the idea of their alpha leaving his own pack just to see his mate so I have to sneak out of my own house," he chuckles.

My eyebrows shoot up. "Why don't you just get new advisors then? Ones that aren't dicks," I mutter.

"Believe me I would but unfortunately my father is part of that group and he wouldn't take too kindly to being dismissed," he laughs.

Honestly his laugh is such a beautiful sound. Deep and rumbling, it sends a shiver down my spine.

"Yeah probably not," I remark. I climb out of my bed then wince as the cold air hits my skin. "Oh I am so not looking forward to winter."

"Really? Why not?" he asks.

I rub my arms as I walk into the bathroom. I pull my tank top over my head and step out of my shorts and underwear before climbing into a hot shower."The mystics say it's going to be really long and the hardest we've had in decades as far as the amount of snow," I sigh, making the water as hot as I can without burning myself.

"What's wrong with snow?"

I look over and see his blurry outline leaning against the doorway of the bathroom through the frosted glass of the shower. "Well first of all, it's cold," I say, "and second, it's cold."

He laughs, shaking his head. "Yeah I've noticed you don't like the cold."

I smile a little as I reluctantly turn off the water. Shawn hands me a towel when I open the door, covering his eyes with his free hand. "Thanks," I mutter, wrapping it around myself. "You can uncover your eyes."

"You know, the greatest part about the cold is you can warm up in thick sweaters with hot tea and a fire. No warrior training, just staying inside and reading a book," he grins, stepping closer, "or cuddling with a beautiful mate."

I can feel my lip tremble as the corner twitches up into a tiny smile. I lean forward, resting my head on his chest.

He hesitates for a moment before cautiously wrapping his arms around me. "Are you going to tell me why you really don't like the winter?" he asks gently.

I close my eyes, sucking in a shaky breath. "When it snowed I had to stay inside. I was stuck in the house with my brother and had nowhere to go," I tell him.