Ash

So Ash won by A LOT . . . . Kaine/Syrra also got quite a few votes though so I will do one of their POVs next if you guys are okay with that :)

I was kinda tired when I wrote this so I apologize if there are mistakes or parts that don't make sense. I hope you enjoy it anyway!!!!

*******

The water laps against my body and it makes my wounds sting but I ignore the pain. I focus only on the sounds of the moving water and my heartbeat.

Thump thump. Thump thump. Thump thump. Slow and steady for the first time in years.

Where is Jaxon? my dragon asks.

I listen closer and hear a second heartbeat along with faint scratching noises. Somewhere in the trees it sounds like.

What's he doing?

I sigh. I lift my head up and open my eyes. My eyebrows knit together in confusion as I look up at the sky. He's drawing?

Aw he's an artist, just like you! Cassie chuckles.

I am not an artist, I scoff.

That's what all artists say. Queen Zari seemed to think you have talent.

"Ash are you okay?" Jaxon's voice brings me out of the conversation with my dragon.

A cloud of steam surrounds me and I take a deep breath. I pull myself out of the suddenly boiling pool and dry myself off. "I'm fine."

His raises an eyebrow at me. "You don't sound fine," he says.

"Just arguing with my dragon. What are you doing?" I ask, motioning to the sketchbook he has propped up against his knees.

He hides it quickly, pressing it against his chest with a sheepish smile. "Nothing," he mutters.

"It sounded like you were drawing." He nods a little and I sit down in front of him, gritting my teeth against the sharp, stabbing pain in my side. I let out a heavy breath as I cross my legs and look at Jax. "Can I see?"

His eyes widen in what looks like panic. "No―I don't really let people see my drawings," he mutters.

"Please Jax?" I plead. He bites the inside of his cheek making me sigh. "I'm not going to judge or anything, I just want to see."

He takes a deep breath. "Okay fine," he murmurs, handing me the sketchbook.

I flip it over and my breath catches in my throat. My eyes widen as my fingers trail over the drawing, careful not to smudge the pencil. "It's me." The detail is insane. I couldn't have been in the water for more than ten minutes.

"Yeah, look I know it's probably kind of weird and―"

"Jax! I meant it when I said I wasn't going to judge you," I tell him. Relief washes over him and he manages a small smile. "This is amazing," I mumble.

"You really think so?"

I nod. "Yeah I don't know how you did this so fast―or so accurately," I say, noticing he drew my scars, even the ones on my face.

"I've been drawing for a long time," he says.

I realize that he's at the middle of his sketchbook. "Can I look at the other ones?" I ask.

He looks conflicted for several moments before finally nodding.

I start flipping through his past drawings, my eyes widening. "My gods these are amazing," I breathe. I pause at one that completely takes my breath away.