Kaine

So I guess the ship name for Kaine and Syrra is Kayra, a lot of you guys seemed to agree on that so I'll just call it the official ship name unless you've got another one :)

I did not edit this one at all because it's kinda long and I'm tired and I just wanted to get another chapter out for you guys. I hope it isn't too bad and please comment if you find any mistakes or errors :)

I hope you enjoy!!!

********

If Lucifer was a human, he'd be smacking my arm and shaking me right now.

Dude! Dude! Did you just see that?

You saw it so obviously I did too, I growl in annoyance.

That was the hottest thing I've ever seen!

Yes it was now stop talking, you're ruining this for me.

I push him to the back of my mind so I can focus on my mate. She sits tall on her golden throne, her violet gaze cold as ice as it sweeps the room. I can honestly say I have never felt prouder than I do at this moment.

She locks eyes with me and motions for me to come forward. My hand rests on the hilt of my sword as I walk across the room to stand beside her.

"This is Prince Kaine, a warrior of the Dragon Guard and son of Queen Zari," Syrra says, "I expect the clans to pay their respects to such an esteemed visitor considering the unfortunate circumstances under which the Dragon Queen previously visited."

Damn, I mutter.

How much you wanna bet she's been lessening her vocabulary and dumbing herself down just so you can understand? Lucifer snorts.

Oh shut up, I'm not that stupid, I growl.

When I snap back into reality, the room is empty. "Hey where did everyone go?" I ask.

"I dismissed them," she says and I notice how much more relaxed she is.

"They must have been in a hurry," I remark.

She smirks. "Blood magic frightens them."

"It might just be the case since you're my mate but I found it really sexy and a little empowering to be honest."

She grins at me before stepping down from her throne. I brush the hair away from her face and lean down to kiss her. I feel her fingers run through my hair and then she jerks away with a sharp hiss.

She stares down at her hand with a grimace. "I cut deeper than I intended," she murmurs.

I bite my cheek at the pain on her face. I gently take her hand into mine to inspect the wound. "It's pretty deep but if you can still move your fingers you should be okay. How bad does it hurt?"

She smiles. "I will be fine, we have excellent healers here," she says.

"You know, ever since this morning you've been talking really differently―"

"Yeah sorry about that. I've found over the years that speaking with eloquence and a particularly refined vocabulary tends to make them forget I am only 18 years old and reminds them that I am mature enough to hold the title of Witch Queen. I just forget to stop doing it when I don't need to," she chuckles.

"It's really impressive, definitely makes you seem well bred and well learned," I say and she smiles.

"Yeah it just gets annoying sometimes, that's why I like talking to you so much. You're not gonna judge me on how well I speak―or at least I hope you're not."