Maia

Please read the message at the end, it has important info about the next chapter.

**********

"Despite what you may think, Angel does know what she's talking about and you should listen to her," Jaxon says and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah whatever mom," I snap.

He sighs heavily. "You're such a pain in the ass, can't you just try to listen and be nice for once?" 

I purse my lips with a small growl. "I'll be nice as long as you leave me alone for a while, you're really starting to get on my nerves."

He rolls his eyes a little. "Fine, now stop fighting with Angel, the last thing I want is to pull you guys apart again."

I nod and smile until he leaves, rolling his eyes and swearing under his breath. Angel left a few minutes ago and so it was just Taylor and me in the living room. 

"Shall we play a game?" she suddenly says in a deep voice.

I laugh, shaking my head. "You're such a geek," I mutter.

She scowls at me. "Oh come on, I know you liked that movie. Humans consider it a classic."

"Yeah but humans are weird, you can't really use them as a valid reason for anything."

"My goddess Maia, would you just get your ass over here?" she groans, smacking the couch beside her.

I chuckle and plop down beside her, snatching the controller off the table. "What are we playing?" I ask.

"I don't care as long as it's not one of your brother's sports games, I always sucked at those."

"Yeah Jax is amazing at those but he sucks at everything else. I think there's a zombie game or something already in the console," I mutter. "What do you want to eat? Pizza or Chinese food?"

"Pizza, I had Chinese last night," she says.

Mykael can you bring Tay and I some pizza? I mindlink the Gamma.

Why do you always make me run errands for you? I have work to do, you know? he groans.

Okay, I'm sorry. Are you busy right now? I ask in a sweet voice.

Yeah actually, I'm planning out the schedule for the warriors' training, he sneers.

I snort. Bullshit. You're totally lying, everyone knows that's Zella's job.

He growls. Damn it, alright fine, I'll bring you guys some pizza, he grumbles.

I roll my eyes, a small smile on my lips. "I swear Mykael is such a bad liar," I mutter.

"Yeah just a little," Taylor chuckles. She turns so she's resting on the armchair of the couch and shoves her feet under my legs.

"Dude, how can you be cold right now?" I snort.

She yanks the blanket of the back of the couch and throws it over herself with a shrug. "Your house is like a fucking ice cube with your mom and Kaine gone."

"Yeah I guess it has been a bit colder since they left," I murmur.

"Do you know when they'll be back?" 

I shake my head. "I didn't even know they were gone until the day after. My dad's been locked up in his office or on guard duty almost non-stop since they left. He never does well when she leaves, I just hope he doesn't get as sick as he did last time," I sigh.

"I miss your brother already so I can't imagine how your dad must feel," she says.

I chew on my lip for a few minutes before taking a deep breath. "So uh, I feel bad asking this but has there been any news on your dad?" I ask gently.

She slowly shakes her head, pain in her gaze. "No. I don't want to assume the worst but, he's been missing for three years—the last two he would have spent without a mate so . . . honestly what are the chances that he's alive at this point?" she murmurs. The corner of her lip twitches upward in an attempt to smile.

"Right, I am really sorry Tay. If you want I can talk to my dad about a farewell ceremony—if you're ready, I mean," I tell her, cringing at how insensitive I sound. 

She actually smiles this time, quickly swiping away the tears that start to fall onto her cheeks. "Yeah I'd like that."

"Okay, and you know you're always welcome to stay here with us," I say, remembering that her entire family is gone now.

She nods. "It's fine, I'm staying with Gamma Mykael and Beta Logan. They're gone a lot but when they are home we watch movies and play games so it's fun."

I hear the front door open then slam shut. "Speaking of Gamma Mykael," I chuckle.

He walks into the living room with annoyance written all across his face. "Can you please stop using me as a servant? I am a Gamma for goddess' sake—I have been since before you were born! I don't deserve this kind of treatment," he whines.

I sigh. "I'm sorry Mykael but my brothers are gone and it's rude to leave when you have a guest," I say, gesturing to Taylor.

He huffs. "Get a warrior to do it then, half of them are dipshits that could use some menial work anyway," he grumbles.

"Aw but then we wouldn't get to have these fun times together." I grin cheesily at him and I can tell he's 100% done with my shit.

"Yeah I don't know what I'd do without your pranks or annoyances," he says, his voice teeming with sarcasm.

I roll my eyes as I stand up to get the pizza boxes from him. "I promise I will get a warrior to bring me food from now on," I tell him.

"Or you know, you could just get it yourself. We have a pizza place on the territory, it's not exactly far away."

"Yeah yeah I know."

He shakes his head and starts to head out after throwing an annoyed glance at Taylor who is still lounging on the couch, amusement on her face.

"Thank you!" I call after him. 

"Yeah whatever," I hear him mutter and laugh a little. 

"He hates me so much," I snicker to Taylor.

She rolls her eyes at me and takes the pizza boxes from my hands. She tears it open and we both eat a few slices then switch to playing the video game again. We play for hours before both of us are finally exhausted. Taylor heads out and I trudge up the stairs to my bedroom.

I manage to change into a T-shirt and shorts and brush my teeth before collapsing on the bed. I pass out as soon as my eyes close.

********

Hey guys so I know this chapter is really short and kinda sucky, my mind went a little blank and I totally forgot what else I meant to put in here.......oops. Oh well I guess.

OKAY FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER, IT'S UP TO YOU WHOSE POV IT IS!! NORMALLY KAINE'S POV WOULD BE NEXT BUT I KINDA WANT TO SWITCH IT UP FOR A CHAPTER AND THEN I WILL DO KAINE'S POV AFTER. SO COMMENT WHOSE POV YOU WANT AND I WILL WRITE IT! IT CAN BE ANY CHARACTER THAT HAS BEEN MENTIONED IN THIS STORY (THAT IS STILL ALIVE) 

I will write the POV of the most commented name for the next chapter. BTW I'd prefer if you guys didn't pick Jax, Maia, or Kaine, just cause I want a little bit of a fun challenge.