Chapter - 12

Dr. Saraf's words were reeling in my mind as I left their house around evening. Sarthak was beside me, walking quietly, providing me my space to think. I, however broke the silence this time.

"So..I guess you are my doctor now?" I teased him to lighten both our moods from the earlier heaviness. His expression, however remained non-amused. "I think I should start calling you Doctor Who..since you are always.."

"Amara.." he cut off my rambling midway. "Listen...about earlier..what happened in there...Look! If you don't wanna do this, we won't! I'll talk to mom. If you don't wanna talk to anybody about anything..it's your call". 

I looked into his eyes that were filled with care and sincerity. These past few months had been a revelation for me when it comes to Sarthak. A year back, if anyone would have said that a guy like him would get under my skin this way, I would have laughed at that person's face. Today, Sarthak's mom had put words to my feelings for him...I trusted him...more than I should!

"I want to do this Sarthak" I spoke with conviction, more than I thought I had in me. "As much as I hate to talk about stuff, your mom is right that I will have to do it. And I also agree with her that the right person for that is you. I trust you, Sarthak!" There! I said it! And the cherry on the cake was the megawatt smile that broke out on his face. The guy had worked too hard to gain my trust. I wonder why did I have such a late realization.

"Really Firebolt! You know what they say about Trust..right?" he smirked. "Trust is the first sign of lo.."

"Stop..Don't make me regret this already" I grumbled but with a smile and his expression turned serious. He extended his hands to hold both of mine.

"You will never regret this..Firebolt! I will never ever hurt you intentionally..trust me" he spoke softly and I felt my heart warming.

"I do" I smiled and he grinned. He suddenly dropped his bike and jumped over the nearby bench along a park, imitating holding a sword up in the air.

"Don't worry my love! Romeo won't let his Juliet cry!" he declared with a smirk and I raised an eyebrow.

"Really?...Romeo? Your love for literature knows no bounds" I muttered and started riding away. "You..carry on with your drama and I... am going. Good night..Doctor Who!" I suppressed my laughter while I rode away, when I heard him shouting once more.

"Oh my Juliet...Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow, That I shall say good night till it be morrow" he quoted Shakespeare rather too dramatically and this time I did break into laughter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was Vivaan's junior school farewell party and I did not have anything to wear...nothing at all! The fact that my best friend have been explicitly ignoring me since the last few weeks added up to the reasons of my misery very well. I and my friend Sanjana managed to find out an old soft pink shimmer top to wear with my blue skinny fit jeans, but now as I stood before the mirror all ready and pink, well...I wasn't sure anymore..

"You look great Amara" Sanjana spoke in a scolding manner. "Stop over-analyzing the outfit. All the guys at the school will look only at you" she teased. Well..there was only one guy whom I wanted to notice me. I couldn't tell her that. Although Sanjana had been my best girlfriend since kindergarten, I had not yet told her about these strange, new feelings, I have been developing for my best friend.

"I don't think so...especially when that bitch-troll Shakshi strolls down the party in her too-short-for-school leather skirt" I muttered hatefully. Arrghh...I hated her! Not just because all the guys in school will fall on the ground and worship her at the alter if given an opportunity, but because Vivaan was one of those stupid guys too. Although that slut was just fourteen (the same age as mine), puberty had done wonders on her unlike some unlucky girls... like me.