Chapter - 32

"When she first came in, around five years back, to stay with us....we were thrilled but scared at the same time. I and Jay were newly married...so it's obvious that we didn't know anything about raising a child, let alone a teenager. And considering the circumstances out of which my little girl had came out....Well! We thought that we would never succeed in becoming parents for her" Aunt Leena wiped her tears for the twentieth time while speaking and I smiled at her utter display of emotions.

"But then...suddenly, things started to get better! Amara made new friends....some great friends for life" she meaningfully pointed towards Sarthak, who was standing beside me and he smirked on his reference being made. "And we finally found a ray of hope....hope that she will be fine!" I smiled as the last five years screened in front of my eyes as well. I titled my head sideways to look at the reason of these years being fine, and as if sensing my stare, my best friend looked down at me and grinned.

"And then a year later, our little Dhruv came into our life and we realized that our family was finally complete. We had the world's sweetest and kindest girl for a daughter and now we had a cute, little baby boy" she delighted with happiness and my own smile widened.

"It is like completing milestones as my children take the next step of their lives. And today...it's like another of the milestone achieved" Uncle Jay joined his wife to the raised podium of the garden of Sarthak's house while my Aunt continued to speak. "Our daughter has graduated..and that too first in her class" she spoke giddily and everyone started clapping and hooting. I looked sideways at Sarthak again to find him cheering the loudest.

I looked around at the people that had gathered today for our post graduation ceremony party at the Saraf's, and I felt a sense of belonging. The Sarafs hosted this barbecue night in celebration of I and Sarthak graduating and also as my farewell, as I was leaving in two days for my masters.

"And not only that...." this time it was Uncle Jay's voice that stood out. "She is leaving in two days for USA for her further studies and to make us even more proud" he announced happily and everyone clapped once more.

Although it was quite flattering to hear such words, but I was starting to feel a little embarrassed now. As if sensing my discomfort, my friend extended his arm and pulled me against his side.

"Enjoying the attention, Firebolt!" he teased and I made a face in return to which he grinned.

"So..now I and my wife will not bore you anymore..." Uncle Jay spoke humorously and a few people laughed. "..and we would sum up by saying this to our daughter....Amara!" both of them looked at me and smiled before speaking unanimously.

"We love you sweetheart...and we wish for all the success and happiness for you" I smiled but the tears welled up unannounced anyways, and it was Sarthak's comforting hand on my shoulders that kept me standing.

"I love you too" I mouthed towards my guardians and they smiled. Everyone else clapped and cheered at our overly, family display of affection. I noticed Dhruv running towards his father and the latter picked him up.

"I love you Ammee" my brother shouted towards me and everyone "awwed" at him. I giggled with tears in my eyes and peeked up at Sarthak to find him looking at my face with a...content expression! I raised an eyebrow at him and his trance broke making him grin.

After uncle and aunt, Sarthak's parents spoke as well but it was not so elaborate and dramatic as mine. His mother told how she wishes her son to be a great psychologist one day who does great things and Ashok uncle just went with a "proud of you son". I clapped the hardest while everyone clapped for my friend, knowing very well that he was already great.

After the embarrassing yet cute display of parental affections, the crowd dispersed forming age specific groups.

"So Firebolt! Want a drink?" Sarthak smirked raising an eyebrow wickedly.