Chapter - 44

Amara.....

I groggily opened the door to a smiling Anushka Dixit who was although standing in front of me but her eyes were all around my house, may be trying to locate my boyfriend as usual. Uhh! Not again.....

"Hey, Anushka Di...How are you this morning?" I cheered with a mock smile but she didn't seem to take the clue.

"Oh Come on, Amara! I have told you a thousand times not to call me Di. It's not even that much age difference between us....like five years!" she chirped as she swayed her hand in order to enter my house. Five years! Seriously.....more like eight!

"Anyways...did you want anything?" I asked expectantly hoping that whatever she needs is easily accessible so that I can give to her and she could be out of my hair ASAP.

"Ya...I was thinking whether you had this..." her voice trailed off as she rotated her eyes around my living room. "Where is that friend of yours? The one who recently arrived to stay with you!"

There! So it was not 'what' she was here for, rather a 'who'...This woman was really getting on my nerves now! Since Vivaan had started living with me, her visits had been turning too frequent. And this one time...the only time when Vivaan spoke to her, she was swooning and was all over him. I mean...what is wrong with her? She is way older than him.

"My boyfriend Vivaan is in the shower right now..." I replied emphasizing on 'boyfriend'. "So...you didn't tell me why you are here?" 

"Ya...Ya right! I was thinking that...." she started once again but was interrupted by the sound of my bedroom door opening as Vivaan entered the living room wiping his wet hair with a towel. At this moment he looked all the more hot and edible. Urrghh!

He lifted his head and after a moment gave a all-teeth smile to our dear neighbor who I believed was still swooning at my guy.

"Hey! Hi...Anushka Di" Vivaan greeted her with delight but all I could focus was on her smile slipping away at his endearment for her. I swallowed back the laughter that was threatening to erupt at my face.

"I....I....I need some sugar, Amara!" her words fumbled as she directed her attention back to me.

"Of course Di! Right away" I didn't waste anymore time and went into the kitchen to fill a bowl with sugar and handed it to her. She took the bowl from my hand and after a hurtful glance at my oblivious boyfriend, she left.

As soon as the main door shut at her departure, I broke out into laughter. Vivaan was staring at me with a confused yet amused expression.

"What?" he finally asked as he realized that I was nowhere near the end of this laughter fit.

I grinned and moved towards him hugging him tightly around the torso.

"You are so oblivious! You yourself don't know the effect you have on girls" I murmured as he wrapped his arms around me as well.

"I don't need to know, babe! I just need one particular girl to be affected by me" he replied with affection as he held my face between his palms and placed his lips on mine for a chaste kiss.

He then moved towards the kitchen making me frown. This had started two days ago when we came back from our lunch at Sarthak's place. I don't know anything about what these two men talked about but as soon as we reached home, Vivaan grabbed me for an intense and demanding kiss totally taking me by surprise.

Although I have been wanting this to happen for so long, I couldn't help being disappointed since I expected my first kiss after seven years to be....special! However, it just happened and since then Vivaan had been behaving like this overly touching and kissing boyfriend. It's not that I was complaining but something seemed off about his sudden change of behavior.