Chapter - 19

Even from such a distance, I could hear his father's shouting very clearly. It was one of those days. Earlier today, he had told me that his father was out of town due to work and was not expected until tomorrow morning. I was relieved but also disappointed, as it meant that he won't be coming to my room tonight.

These days I had noticed that I became restless when he was not near me. I felt lonely on my own bed. So, in order to curb this restlessness, I had invited my best friend Sanjana for sleep over. She got excited by the concept and immediately agreed, I guess because it was the first time I have ever asked her to sleep over. I was also happy at that point of time but now, as I stood near my bedroom window peeking at my boyfriend's house, I wasn't so sure anymore.

"Jeez Amy! Your neighborhood is so noisy" Sanjana huffed as she lounged on my bed with a book propped open in front of her. I, however was too distracted to acknowledge her. Any minute now! He will come out of that house and...

As if on cue, I heard the sound of his front door opening and then closing with a bang. Shit! Shit! Shit!

"Umm..Sanju! Why don't you go ahead and take a shower before we start studying the next chapter!" I tried speaking as nonchalantly as possible.

"I don't shower at nights..I am too lazy to do it twice in one day" my best friend grinned showing off all her braces. Sanjana was the brightest person I had known in my life, yet she was this messy, hoodie-wearing, braces person that people in school didn't consider as sociable. And since I was the girlfriend of the most charming and famous guy in the school, people didn't understand our friendship. I didn't mind! I liked this girl...Well! Not so much at this point of time..

"You should, Sanju! It is a bad habit to sleep all dirty" I scrunched my nose to prove my point.

"If I knew you would be so bossy, I wouldn't have agreed to this sleepover" she spoke teasingly before closing her book and reluctantly getting up from the bed. As soon as she disappeared in the bathroom, I noticed two hands on my window sill followed by my boyfriend.

"Vivaan..You can't.." Before I could convey the message that he can't come in tonight, I was grabbed and squeezed tightly against his body. He hugged me so tightly as if his life depended on it. I wrapped my own arms around his shoulders and we hugged for long, standing on the opposite sides of my window.

"You okay?" I asked softly and he rigorously shook his head against my shoulders.

"I....I just...need you, Am" he whispered and my heart broke at the sadness that etched his voice. I felt angry on the man who did this to him every time. "I..just wanna hold you tight and sleep and...and not think about it anymore". Ya! About that...I broke the hug to look into his eyes.

"I'm so sorry Vee, but you can't sleep over tonight" I spoke guiltily and his eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "You told earlier that your father was not home today and you would be sleeping at your own place, so..I invited a friend for sleep over".

"Which friend?"

"Sanjana"

"Sanjana Suri? The hoodie girl who smiles weirdly?" he raised an eyebrow and I sighed. Vivaan was also the part of that group, who didn't understand mine and Sanju's friendship.

"Yes..the very one! And...she doesn't smile weirdly. It's just her braces. She is nice!" I spoke defensively to which he smiled.

"Well..it doesn't matter to me how nice she is since she is the one keeping me away from my girlfriend right now..So forgive me if I don't find her as nice as you do" he sighed and I placed a kiss on his cheek. I heard sounds from the bathroom which denoted that my friend was due soon.