Chapter - 28

Approx 4 years before D-day.............

"You were scowling at him!" I smirked as he entered the rehearsal hall of the school. Everyone had already left since the practice was over and Vee was here, like everyday, so that we could go home together.  

"I was not scowling at him!" he replied defensively as I turned, with my backpack on my shoulder. I gave him a knowing look that made him sigh.

"Fine! I was scowling at him" he pouted which made me giggle and I dropped my bag on the ground and moved towards him, tangling my arms around his neck.

"You are so cute when you are jealous" I went on my toes and kissed the corner of his mouth.

"Oh please! Me..jealous! From that scared mouse..." he mocked over-confidently and I rolled my eyes. "This is not me being jealous..this is me being territorial" he suddenly held me by my waist and pulled me against him. "No one touches what's mine! And that mousy, little rat! He had his hands all over you" he scowled once again.

"Oh come on, Vee! We were just dancing..The annual function is just one week away and we haven't yet got the whole routine clear" I tried to clear his misplaced possessiveness. "And anyways...you are not allowed to comment anything about this since it is because of you, that I am in this position". He had the decency to look guilty as he sighed and dropped his head on my shoulder.

"I know..I know Am! I am already regretting volunteering for this student exchange program. And now that I know that it clashes with our school annual function and I won't be performing with you this year, it's like making it worse" I ruffled his hair trying to take away some of his anxiousness. "And now seeing you dancing so close with that loser....aggrrhh! you are killing me, babe!" he groaned dramatically and I punched him on his arms. 

"Stop this drama! It's not like I am enjoying it too much. But I don't have some choice here, do I?" I shrugged. "Since you bailed on me for some stupid, fancy exchange program.." I mocked him to which he smiled.

His expression turned mischievous and he started moving backwards until he reached the music system and hit the play button. The pop and perky sound of the Bollywood song that we were performing on, burst through the speakers into the room.

"I'll tell you what! Let's dance it out now...just you and me" he spoke as he approached me again, this time holding me tightly by my waist. "This way I will be the first one to complete a dance performance with you. Rest whoever follows will be the second".

"And that will cure your possessiveness?" I raised a teasing eyebrow.

"Well...it may reduce it. Let us try.." he spoke teasingly and I giggled. However, soon my giggles turned into full on laughter as he swirled me around the big rehearsal hall, singing the lyrics of the song loudly. We were both tired and sweaty, but grinning like fools when the song ended.

"I love dancing with you" I exclaimed panting.

"And I love to make you love dancing with me" he smiled with love in his eyes. "I'll always make you happy Am! Even if it means to keep dancing for the rest of my life".

I opened my eyes to realize that I fell asleep here, while waiting for others at our college auditorium. Today was the much awaited Delhi University Charity dance, in which I had to perform as the lead dancer with Rohan Goenka. I had arrived a bit early for the practice this morning and was welcomed by an empty auditorium. Hence, I took the liberty to take a nap before the performance.

The truth was that I wasn't getting much sleep since the past few days. The thought of performing with Rohan, performing with someone who is not Vivaan...it was getting onto my brain. I behaved impulsively while taking decision about participating in this performance and now...I had no way to get out of it. I tried talking to Rohan, backing out but he always dismissed me claiming how good I was and how I deserved to pair up with him.