Chapter - 46

Sarthak...

So beautiful! It seemed my eyes were unable to divert their attention as I witnessed a certain angel walking in blue. Amara had changed out of her disheveled clothes into the blue floor-length dress that I bought for her. As she shyly came out of her bedroom, everyone ambushed her with their wishes and birthday presents.

I, on the other hand, stood by the kitchen watching her gracefully accept everyone's wishes. In spite of the chaos around her, she found a moment to make eye contact with me subtly asking about her attire. I raised my eyebrows and conveyed from my expression just how good she looked. She grinned at my reply before turning to the man who held her by her waist and planted a kiss on her cheek. Vivaan Goddamn Arora!

Earlier when we broke our surprise to Firebolt, she told me how utterly surprised she was but happy at the same time. However, it also concerned her that her boyfriend wouldn't like it much as he had planned a quite alone birthday with her. Asshole!

Well! It does not matter to me whether he is happy about this or not. All I care about is my Firebolt's happiness. And anyway, if that guy knew anything about her, he would know that Amara is not a person who wants to be alone, especially on her birthday. He would understand that all she misses is having a family around her and that is what I am giving her.

Amara laughed loudly to some comment by Twinkle and my face broke into a smile of its own watching her smile. Damn! What does this girl do to me...

"You have got it bad" a voice commented from beside me and I turned to find Sanjana standing beside me smiling cheekily. As I was making the guest list for this party, I decided that there was no harm in inviting her as it seems that Amara made up with her at our graduation party.

"And it's good to see you too, Sanju!" I replied sassily and she laughed giving me an awkward side hug. "So...you finally decided to come after all!"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world...It's thrilling to witness the epic love triangle of the century" she sighed dramatically and I chuckled.

"Really! I didn't know that some new love triangle movie has come out! I should really be updated about these things" I humored her playfulness.

As in cue, Amara walked towards the both of us, the devil in tow.

"Hi, Sanju! Fancy seeing you here!" Amara exclaimed with tight lips and at that moment I knew that it was not such a good idea to invite her after all.

"Sarthak invited me, so I thought...why not!" Sanju shrugged nonchalantly a little friendlier than Amara.

"Wait a minute! Sanju? As in Sanjana...from Madhupur?" Vivaan spoke for the first time recognition filling his eyes with surprise.

"Yup! The very same...Didn't think you would recognize me" Sanju replied a bit shyly and shakily. Wait a minute! She likes him...

"Oh my God! You look different" Vivaan smiled for the first time since the start of this party as he grabbed Sanju for a hug as if hugging a long lost friend. All three of us apart from him were shocked by his gesture. Sanju was utterly disheveled, not getting where to hold this guy and Amara was staring at me with raised eyebrows. I shrugged conveying her that I had nothing to do with this reunion.

As he untangled himself from her, Sanju looked even more shook than before and Vivaan was still smiling. Boy! This guy actually can smile...

"Vee! I want to you to meet some people from my office...Let's go!" Amara wasted no time in dragging him away like a jealous girlfriend totally threatened by these turn of events.