0.3 » Locked Up

This morning Hopper let all of the kids skip breakfast to sleep in since they were all out so late the night before.

As they started to wake up he made them aware that they'd be loaded onto a small bus where you had to sit with your cell mate, and that you would find out the rest (such as your cell number) on the way to 'Hawkins NBYDC'

NBYDC stands for 'New Beginnings Youth Development Center' it was something created by The Department Of Youth Rehabilitation Services (DYRS) for kids like these. The NBYDC is a 624-bed, all-gender secure center for Hawkins most serious youth delinquents.

New Beginnings provides residents with 24-hour supervision as well as programs and services that allow for successful transitions back into the Hawkins community. The services provided include, recreation, medical, dental, and mental health programs.

Millie of course, bitched about having to sit with Finn on the way to Juve. She wanted to sit next to (or really on top of) Romeo, who was sitting next to his cellmate Jaeden. On the bus ride they were told that the way they were sitting would be the way their cells were.

Grace and Sophia in the first seat meant that they would be the cell at the start of their division, Millie and Finn in the next seat meant that they had a cell right next to theirs. And with Romeo and Jaeden in the back they would be in the cell at the end of their division.

They kept their divisions small, well kind of. The divisions actually were 6 in each hall but they always had 3 set aside for the kids with mental issues. Like if they had ADD they'd be out in one of those three cells because you were more likely to act up.

Across the hall was the same thing, and then there was an upstairs with guess again—
the same thing. So the divisions were in what was called a wing, your wing was a letter of the alphabet.

Finally arriving at the center everyone was told their wing, division and cell number. Grace and Sophia were in wing B cell 10, Millie and Finn also in wing B, being told they had cell 11. And oh so lucky Jaeden and Romeo also were placed in wing B in cell 12.

The kids or as all the workers like to call them, the 'delinquents' were showed around and then brought to their cells. When hopper brought Millie and Finn to their cell he grunted

"Flo!"

He yelled

"Yes sir?"

An old woman came walking towards him

"These two, first I caught them swapping saliva and now they seem to hate each other. Thing is they have to share a cell. Could you just give them a run down about what we do with in their case? You know when ones a boy and the other is a girl—"

"Got It Chief"

She said cutting him off

"Okay kids,"

Flo started

"We have some rules here, like CHAKWACO
It's a mnemonic if you know what that is. It means 'Consensual Hugging And Kissing With All Clothes ON' but to be honest as long as nobody's getting pregnant we don't really care."

Flo looked at the two kids who were sitting on their beds and sighed continuing her spiel

"Now on the other hand if you hate each other just don't hurt the other physically. Call them all the names you want, we support freedom of speech but not hatefulness. Meaning we'll scold you if you call one another a name but we can't really do anything about it."

She paused to make sure they were still listening

"Any questions?"

Millie perked up