0.8 » Celebrations

It was now time for dinner, Millie and Finn were so tired they even slept through lunch. Walking down to the lunch hall Millie grew nervous, not just of the bright red mark still on her face but also of the bandages on Finns knuckles.

What would their friends say? Would they ask what happened? How would she explain everything? Without realizing it Millie started to breath heavily, almost hyperventilating. So just before they walked in the doors the the cafeteria, Finn pulled her aside.

"Mills, are you okay?"

He asked in a soothing tone, Millie tried to slow down her breathing failing miserably letting out a breathless 'I'm fine'.

"Millie, you're obviously not fine. What's wrong?"

All Millie could do was think of the worst, she was so afraid of what the others would think of her after what went down with Romeo.

Finn had enough and just decided to pull Millie into hug not knowing what else to do. He rubbed his hands along her back in an effort to calm her down, Finn guessed that Millie could be scared of facing the others after what had just gone down but he didn't know how to help.

"Finn, I'm scared"

Finn suddenly felt a lump form in his throat and felt like he was going to be sick, he couldn't speak. He was also enraged, because he knew this was Romeo's fault.

Romeo scared her, he gave her this anxiety about everything. All Finn wanted to do was beat him up again, but he couldn't because now he was on the opposite side of the building.

To some degree that relived Finn, knowing Romeo couldn't hurt either of them anymore. But he still made his mark on Millie, both physically and emotionally.

"Me too Millie, but no matter what I promise it will be okay"

He replied back after awhile, Millie pulled back from the hug to look at him.

"Promise?"

She said in a quiet voice

"Promise."

He assured, and after one more hug the two of them went into the lunch room and went over to their friends. Everyone in the room started at them with wide eyes and to Millie's surprise, Grace and Sophia came up to her and gave her the biggest hug.

Jaeden went up to Finn and patted him on the back and said to him:

"I'm proud of you man"

Finn nodded as he sat down next to Millie.

"How do you guys know what happened?"

Millie asked

"Well, everyone kinda does. It's just something that started to spread around"

Grace explained

"But, we are so happy that he's gone and that you guys are okay"

Sophia said

"Well, somewhat"

Jaeden added earning a slap on the shoulder from Sophia.