2.3 » Secrecy

'WHAT HAPPENED
TO US?'

It's been almost 3 months since Finn and Millie have escaped, and each day they're drifting further and further apart.

Jack is constantly busy working several jobs trying to provide for them, knowing that they can't themselves as it gives them risk of being caught; but when Jack is at home, all he ever hears is them fighting.

However, Finn is actually out of the house more often than Jack, which is one of the many reasons why him and Millie have been fighting so much. Jack knows why Finn is out so much, and Finn assures him that it's for the best and that it will all pay off, but Jack fears for him and worries that he'll loose Millie before he can go through with his plan.

Jack knows damn well that what Finn has and is doing is very dangerous and puts him in a very jeopardizing situation, but still understands why he is doing it.

Millie doesn't have the slightest clue of what's going on, all she knows is that for around 2 months now Finn has been as distant as ever. He's rarely at the house, always comes home very late and doesn't tell her much of anything anymore.

Every night, even the ones where he doesn't come home at all, she's always waiting for him on the couch right in front of the door with her arms crossed demanding an explanation. She will stay up on that couch all night and all day sometimes waiting for him, and for the times when he does come home, he tells her almost nothing.

To Millie, it was just logical to assume that Finn was cheating on her, but she just couldn't see him doing that, somehow, she still had enough faith in him to believe that he wouldn't do that to her.

She was very sick of the sleepless nights staying up, waiting for him to come home and the long boring days alone in the house worrying about him nonstop.

Every time Finn would leave the house, he'd be gone for longer and longer. At first, it's started off with only being gone for a few hours at a time, then it went to whole days, and now it's not uncommon for him to be gone for 2-3 days at least.

And because of this, Millie had become progressively more depressed, and having absolutely no one around to talk to, hasn't helped. Now, Millie will spend minutes, even hours staring at herself in the mirror pointing out all of her imperfections and trying to pinpoint what Finn could not like about her.

Yes, she knew how to cook but most often had little to no appetite. She was getting skinny, and the restless look on her face didn't help.

For any nights that Finn does come home and Millie isn't waiting for him begging for a reason why he rarely comes home, he goes up to their room and sleeps with her. And of course as mad as Millie usually is at him, she always cuddles up next to him, sadly, he always leaves once again before she wakes up.

He also took notice of her extremely deprived state, skinny figure and the way she dresses, it seems like she never changes clothes anymore, or even bath for that matter. Finn can obviously tell how much he is affecting her, but he knows that it's for the best.

Millie couldn't take it anymore, she wasn't going to let Finn keep doing this to her. So each night, she waited in their bed, acting like she was asleep, waiting for him to come in.

Once she felt him start to climb into bed with her she said

"Get out."

Bewildered, Finn mumbled a small 'what?'

"I said,"

Millie started, sitting up she faced him with an angered look

"Wha– Why? Millie, what's going on?"

He asked, still complying and exiting their bed

"I want you out, sleep on the couch from now on"

Finn could only choke out a small 'why?'

"Because! For the past 2 months you've rarely been home, refuse to tell me where you've been and then you still expect me to let you sleep with me?! Unless you wanna finally tell me why you're never here..."

He stayed silent, he couldn't tell her, he just couldn't, even if it meant her kicking him out. He was done anyways, he just had to go out and get everything he needed, then he could tell her, but fir now, he stayed silent.

"That's what I thought, now, leave."

Millie stated sternly, pointing to the door. Solemnly, Finn left the room without looking back. He made his way downstairs and set up a spot for himself on the couch, he began to wonder if all of this would be worth it. Then, Jack came in.

"What are you doing down here?"

He asked

"Millie kicked me out.."

He said, Jack sighed before saying

"Look man, I get why you're doing all this but, I'm just afraid that you're going to loose her before you can even tell her the truth."

"I know, I know. But I've got what I need now, I just have to get those few things and then I can tell her"

Jack shook his head disappointedly and went to bed, and Finn fell asleep loosing himself in his thoughts.

Is this all really worth it? What if she leaves me before I can tell her what's really been going on? What if she doesn't even want it? God, just because I had to do this for her, I'm letting us fall apart. I wish that we could just be normal kids, and live normal lives together, not fugitives that have to run from any and everything. I love her, I really do, but I don't wanna keep living like this.

That's why I have to do this.

A/N

Not proofread, bite me.

This chapter is just shy of 1,000 words, and yeah, it's been a week since the update. Needless to say, I've been having some writing block, especially since I know that this book is ending, and fast.

I've never actually ended a book properly before, so this will be something new for me. I find myself constantly putting off writing for this book because it's 1, going to be a very depressing ending and 2, it makes me sad to end one of my books like how I'm going to, at least there will be a sequel.

Much Love,

—Skyler