2.1 » A Walk

'DROWNING MY
THOUGHTS OUT'

"Put hands where I can see them!"

The older man shouted hiding behind the door of his car, her vision was blurred as they walked out into the middle of the lot with their hands up. Rushing over to them the officer handcuffed them and put his gun right to Finns head, pulling on the trigger a loud—

Sitting up, Millie was breathing heavily as tears streamed down her face, feeling around her now sweaty body, she knew that it was just a dream. Turning over she saw Finn who was fast asleep, she knew that she would've felt horrible if she woke him up. Instead she got up and stripped down to just her bra and a pair of shorts, it was almost 1am and Millie decided to roam around Jacks house.

Walking down the stairs and to the back of his house, she carefully opened and closed the back door making sure she didn't make a sound. Wandering around the backyard she heard, water? Following the sound she found a decently sized pool, shrugging knowing that no one was awake, she plunged in. Swimming to the bottom of the 5ft area she sat there, trying to loose herself in her thoughts.

Finn almost immediately woke up when her turned over and didn't feel Millie by his side, jumping to his feet he began to panic, wearing only his gym shorts he ran out of the room and began to call out for her not caring if he woke Jack up. Nearly tumbling down the stairs and calling all around for her and getting no response he noticed that the backdoor was unlocked, he went into the backyard and continued to call for her.

Hearing something like, waves, he too followed the sound and found the pool. And he nearly fainted at just the sight of it, fearing the worst he didn't hesitate to jump in after her. Diving in her took her in his arms, bridal style, and took her to the stairs, above the surface. Grabbing her face he began to desperately repeat her name gently shaking her head, his eyes started to water thinking that he was too late, but then she started to open her eyes.

"F-Finn? What, what are you doing?"

She said groggily trying to push his hands off

"What am I doing? What were you doing Millie?!"

He shouted, out of worry and fear

"I was just, thinking"

"At the bottom of a swimming pool?! Are you insane you could've died!"

"Well I'm not dead, so no need to worry"

She said angrily, trying to get out of his grasp

"No, there still is need to worry! What were you doing down there? You know you could've just woken me up"

Was he crying? No, probably just the water. Was she about to cry? maybe.

"I, I didn't want to bother you"

She said softly

"You wouldn't have bothered me Mills, in fact this bothered me more, I got so worried when I realized you weren't by my side. I completely panicked, I was shouting everywhere for you, I wouldn't be surprised if I woke Jack up"

Millie whimpered a small 'I'm sorry' as she could begin to feel more tears fall down her face

"There is absolutely no reason for you to be sorry Millie, I just got so worried, that I, that I lost you"