2.5 » The Trial

'I LOVE YOU'

Pulling Finn and Millie out of the back of the squad car, the cop pulled them inside the station and said:

"Your Trial is in the morning, and don't make too much noise, delinquents"

Throwing the two into the cold and empty cell that didn't even have a place to sit. Millie sat in the corner hugging her knees to her chest with with thoughts racing through her head at 1,000 miles per hour, Finn didn't know what to do, was this it? After being thrown around by the offices their nice outfits were now torn and ruined, full of dirt and already ripping at the seams.

Without saying anything, he sat down next to her comforting her as much as he could, turning to her as he heard soft and quiet cries. Taking her face in his hands he asked her what was wrong, as obvious as it was

"Finn, what's gonna happen to us?"

She said looking up at him tears already silently pouring out of her eyes as she tried not to choke up on her rapid and panicking breaths

"I, I don't know"

He answered honestly, they then stayed in a sad silence holding onto each other like they'd never get to again. They didn't deserve this, they just didn't.

"I'm afraid"

She breathed out

"Of what?

"That you'll find someone else, someone better than me. Someone prettier, smarter, clearer, nicer, calmer, cooler, stronger, better than me."

Finn swallowed hard, feeling a pain in his chest

"Why, how would I do that?"

"We don't know what going to happen to us, Finn. We may never see each other again"

Millie said trying to give him a serious look, having a gut feeling that nothing good was going to come from their trial

"No no no, don't talk like that"

He started, his voice cracking as he could feel salty tears sting his eyes

"Nothing is gonna happen to us, I promise. No matter what I'm always going to be with you, I love you, I love you so much Millie Brown, never forget that, no matter what happens to us, I will always love you."

He said miserably failing at trying to hold back his tears

"I– I love you too, always."

She choked out as he pulled her into a tight hug, both of them knew that something horrible was going to happen, it was inevitable.

Millie sat curled up in his lap enjoying his warm embrace as he gently stroked her hair and whispered sweet nothings into her ear. The hours of the night flew by, neither of them able to get a blink of sleep, as they didn't want to go to their trial, of course the time had passed by fast. Finn felt extremely sick, like his stomach was turning and his head was pounding, it was the thought of loosing Millie that did this to him. Speaking of Millie, she was doing just as bad. She felt like she was in another one of her nightmares where she lost Finn for good, but this time she couldn't wake up.

"Wake up brats, it's time for your trial"

They were lead out of the empty cell, down an empty hallway where their steps echoed loudly. The doors to the court room were opened for them, just seeing the room itself was enough to cause a few tears to slip down their eyes.

"All rise"

Millie and Finn walked in hand in hand with their assigned (and who looked to be hungover) lawyer. The pair sat down as they were read their rights and what they were convicted of, having no idea how on earth someone found out about all of this.

"Given the overwhelming evidence, I find both defendants guilty of eluding. I herby sentence each to 5 years incarceration, half of the maximum allowable for youth"

The judge said that if we hadn't escaped, and continued to commit various crimes, our sentences would've been shortened. He said that he's seen worse cases than ours who didn't resort to fleeing their punishment, only making the both of us feel even worse about our situation.

"As a condition for this sentence and their probation, the court orders that for the next 5 years Millie Brown and Finn Wolfhard will be sent to separate juvenile detention centers and are to have no communication with one another under any circumstances whatsoever."

The audience gasped, watching on as the two let out loud sobs holding onto each other for dear life as two guards attempted to pull them off of each other. They both cried out in physical and mental pain as more guards had to come over and try to pry them apart. All you could hear through their thick cries was 'I love you' over and over and over again, and at one point both of them got out of the grasp of the guards and threw themselves onto each other, crashing their lips together.

But sadly, this was no passionate or loving kiss, they could taste the salty tears on one another and feel their lips quivering. As long as they tried to make the kiss last they were pulled apart and dragged away from each other, both of them screaming in agony. Their vision was blurred, not even able to get one final glimpse at the other.

Even after being dragged apart to the point where they were no longer in the same room, they continued to kick and scream, trying desperately to release themselves from the guards sting hold, just to see the other one last time. But it was useless, they finally realized, they may never see each other again.

A/N

Send me pictures of you crying to my ig so that I know that I've done well! @/my.strange.mind

The next and final chapter is the epilogue!!

Much Love!!

—Skyler