Chapter 44

The Next Day

6:10 am

Knock Knock Knock

Lucy backed away from the door before she looked down at Nashi and smiled. Nashi looked up at her and returned the smile before she faced forward, along with her mother. They heard footsteps coming towards the door and a feminine voice asked.

"Who is it?"

"It's me Mom, open up" Lucy said before she cleared her throat. The door was opened and the blonde hair woman smiled. "You guys came early" her eyes then went to little Nashi and she smiled, walking to hold up her grand child. "Hey sweety" Layla smiled at her. Nashi giggled before she replied "Hi grandma"

"How's my Nashi doing?'' "Good" Nashi smiled "Great" she walked back in her home with Nashi, Lucy following. "Close the door please" "I know" Lucy slowly closed the front door shut and yawned. "I wasn't expecting you guys to come so early though" Layla smiled. "Yeah, well Nashi sure loves her grandma so.." Lucy replied, turning to her mother and daughter.

"Awe" Layla slowly set Nashi down and stood up, holding her back. "Wow Nashi, you gained alot of weight" "Yeah.." Lucy said before she walked towards the couch to drop Nashi's stuff. "Please take good care of Nashi okay mom, all her stuff what she needs is in this bag" Lucy pointed at a purple bag and Layla sighed.

"But Lucy, you just came spend a little tim-" "I would if I could but mom I got to go deal with some stuff" "Like what?" Layla raised her brow and her daughter sighed before she walked up towards them. "Important stuff mom now goodbye" she gave her mother a hug while her daughter watched her in confusion.

"Mom where are you going?'' Nashi asked in confusion while Lucy broke the hug with Layla. She looked down at Nashi and showed a kind smile.

"Mommy's gotta go okay, she has important things to do ok-" "But-" "Baby please coop with me" Lucy went down on her knees and hugged Nashi close to her. "Mommy'll be back in the next two days okay?'' she whispered in her daughter's ear before she backed away and placed a kiss on her forehead. "I love you.."

"But I..I want to come to.." "I know sweety, but you can't..but I promise you I'll be back okay?'' Nashi looked down. "Awe don't be sad baby-" Nashi hugged her mother again, squeezing her eyes shut.

"I love you mommy.." "I love you more sweety" Lucy gave her a little squeeze before she backed away to face her daughter. "Be a good girl okay? Now I don't want you giving grandma trouble.." Nashi nodded.

"Okay.." "Good" Lucy stood up then faced hee mother "Once again, she has everything she needs and don't feed her nuts, she's allergic-" "I know I know.." Layla nodded before she gave her daughter another hug. "Be safe okay, call me if needed" she whispered and Lucy nodded "I will"

"I love you"

"I love you too mom, now could you let me go?" Lucy chuckled.

.

"Where are you going?" Psycho asked as he watched his friend spraying himself in cologne. Psycho stared at Natsu in wonder, exhaling smoke out his mouth as he sat comfortably on the couch. "Out" Natsu replied, giving behind his neck a few sprays before he walked around for his shirt. "Psycho have you seen-" "With who?"

Natsu sighed "I was about to say go mind your own buisness but no, I'm gonna go have a talk with my child's mother" he replied, picking up his shirt off a chair.

"Hm..dolling up for your baby mama I see" Psycho teased but Natsu just tched. "Ha, don't go fooling yourself Psycho, I've got things to do you know" "Like what?" Psycho asked, lighting another cigarette. "Sales" "Hm..okay, whatever you say.." "Yea, just be happy I'm working while you're just sitting on your fat ass on the couch everyday" Natsu hissed while the mexican chuckled. "I've been working too.."

"For what, a week?" Natsu raised his brow and Psycho groaned, laying back on the couch while he closed his eyes, pretending to be asleep. When Natsu finished put on the white t shirt, he gave his lazy friend a glare. "I'll be back in the next 2 hours or so, it won't take long"

"Bring back some chips would ya.." "Buy your own chips" Natsu said while he took hold of his duffel bag and walked towards the front door. "You seriously ain't buying me chips man, after all I've done for you during this past week" Natsu sighed before he turned to face his friend. "What kind of chips you want?" he more like groaned.

"Fritos" Psycho replied. "Well okay, there's a store like a block away from here, they sell alot of those so go on now" Psycho just stared at him.

Natsu smiled before he opened the door and walked out.

.

20 minutes later

"Nashi..sweetheart?" a voice called "Yeah.." Nashi replied, her eyes still on her tablet as she was laying flat on her stomach on bed. "Can you come down stairs and help grandma bake some cookies?" Nashi's ear perked up from the c word before a happy smile took place on her lips. "I'm coming!" she quickly got off bed and ran out the room, all the way downstairs.

Layla chuckled when she heard footsteps coming near to the kitchen. Soon she saw Nashi there with a smile on her lips. "Hi grandma!" "Heyo sweety" Layla rest her hand on her knees as she smiled at Nashi "Can you help Grandma mix the cookie dough while she go wake Grandpa upstairs?"

"Cookie dough?" Nashi asked confused. "Yea, come on" Layla took hold of her and placed her on a high chair with a little table attached to it. "Here" she placed a midium sized bowl on top the table with a spoon in it. "Just take the spoon and keep mixing it around okay baby?" Nashi took hold of the spoon covered in dough and smiled.

"Okay!" "Now don't eat too much dough okay, have to save some to make the cookies okay?" "Okay" Layla smiled before she walked away, when she was fully out the kitchen Nashi dipped her finger in the dough, eager to taste it.

After 5 minutes, Layla entered the kitchen. "Nashi hav-" she paused and the little girl flinched, slowly turning to face her grandmother, her face a mess.

Layla shook her head while she fold her arms at her, she couldn't help the smile off her lips though. "Hm..hm..hm.." she hummed and as for Nashi, she smiled, her mouth filled with dough as she gave Layla a wave.

"Hi.."