Destruction - Chapter 7 - Competition.

Destruction. 

Chapter 7. 

Flora p.o.v

This is it, the training centre, where people go to show off, or not in my case, their skills, scare the others off, gain allys, whatever this is designed to do, I have no strategy or tac-tic, just one, which Beth's mum told me, don't show them I'm good with a bow, let them find out in the arena when they think I'm mediocre and have no weapon against them. 

Okay I have been told alot of strategies but I intend to go with my heart in the heat of the moment, Harry catches up with me as we all head into the taining centre gym, floors and floors under ground. 

"Morning ginge" he grins, I've accepted him calling me that, but I know more and more friendly affections won't help us in the arena, it will make everything harder, but I can't stop myself, I've missed him so much even though I was so young when he left. 

Then I think, if he was to suddenly turn on me in the training centre, join the careers he would have the secret of my most valuable weapon, I'd better be nice to him despite my worsening mood as the moment we enter the arena looms. 

No-one could be grumpy to that face anyway, despite me being the most awkward turtle you would ever meet I smile back. 

"Morning" I say

"I heard you're talk of the town since last night" he gives me a friendly nudge.

"Really ?" I ask, although I know I was, Beth's mum told me 1000 times and Gregory was drooling over me like the slimeball he is. I can't think why, only willows whole fire act,or how tight fitting the outfits were.

"Yeah, you looked amazing top marks to your stylist, I know you won't be going without anything you need in the arena, sponsors will be fighting over you" He says enthusiastically, I've heard that term atleast twice before 'they'll be fighting over you' That sounds like a load of bull I think.

"Good job you're sticking with me" I reply instead, smiling and picking up my pace, as he follows swiftly and we arrive into a huge industrial looking warehouse,every weapon you could need at different stations. 

"So.. what's your forte ?" I ask, a bit awestruck. 

"Knots.... and throwing a trident, that's my limit" He shrugs.

"Well you can throw a trident, they'll be a the cornucopia, and if you can throw tridents accurately, try knives? just smaller and lighter right ?" He nods thoughtfully. 

"Well you'll be okay, you can could fire an a-" I clamp my hand over his mouth, I don't think anyone but little Raven heard, and she's an ally anyway.

"Secret information okay?" I hiss, and release my hand.

"Woah sorry..." He says, I soften my expression. 

"Sorry.... it's just it's the only thing I do, I want it to be a secret, so no-one goes for the bow..." I say. 

"It's okay, I get it,you little silent assasain " He grins, touching my cheek before I shove him off towards the knives, no-one is occupying it but the district career girl she has hair almost the same colour as mine and Ox's and eyes too now I think about it, but she has the same strong physique as a career, she gives us daggers as Harry starts throwing his shots get really accurate, I do a few of my own they go straight but not with power, even the career girl who is pretty good watches his technique with narrowed eyes, the rest of the careers and Ade join her. 

I watching Harry again, biting his lip in concentration curls perfectly floppy, but not over his eyes, he throws again right between the forehead, I suddenly get a feeling at the pit of my stomach, only one person can win this, and in just over a fortnight, one of those knives, could be in my head. 

Why do I have to like him so ? why did I ever save his life, that's a horiible thought, but maybe I wouldn't be here if I could replay the reaping, with a different flick of slimy Gregorys wrist, another name could have been picked.

I move onto general survival leaving Harry and his admirers at the knives, little Raven follows me and we work on crafting snares in a peaceful silence, I suddenly feel hot breath on my neck. 

"Hey ginge" he murmers.

"Thought I told you NOT to call me that !" I hiss at him, Ade following in the steps of Gregory it seems as he slides his hand onto my lower back working his fingers close to my bum, I try to slide away but he clamps his hand onto me, before I realise where I am, the hand had gone, and there's an uproar. as I turn. 

Harry p.o.v

I punch once, twice and he gets one back, right on my nose, making me dizzy for a second until I get another hard one in. 

"I saw what you were doing you little perv" I spit blood at him in my anger before Hands are on me, tributes and then station managers, then staff, holding me back my blood streams into a steady flow on the floor and I'm taken by medical team and security along with Ade, shouting remarks at me. 

He was touching her up, I'm not particularly protective, or anything, but any guy with the right mind should have knocked him to the floor. Something makes me uneasy about her being on the same floor as him but she has her mentor. 

We're shoved into a cell benches on either side nothing between us, I get up going to lunge at him again, stupid people for leaving us like this, then I hear a buzzing, force field, probably one touch would knock me dead. 

"You're disgusting" I hiss at him. 

"Not much better yourself" He says mocking me. 

"Atleast I wouldn't do that!" I say raising my voice.

"Well she's a pretty girl, you've clearly got your mark on her, anyone could tell your intentions by the way you attacked me" he says. 

"But she doesn't even like you" I murmer gritting my teeth.

"she might come to, what makes you think she's yours Styles !? I have plans for that one" He laughs nastily, I'm about to say something I know I would regret when the door opens and a freaky capitol woman steps in manned by security guards.

"Now boys, that is ceratinly not the standard of behaviour we expect from any tributes, you'll be patched up but anything you suffer from your injuries in the Arena will be entirely on your heads, is that clear?" she asks snobbily. 

"Yes" we both say as  we get up eager to train again, atleast I found out I'm good with a knife, because if he comes within 20ft of me it will be going straight into his twisted little head. 

I rush through the doors towards Flora and raven standing together. 

"Harry you idiot, what the hell did you do that for ?" She asks giving me a feeble shove that doesn't even move me. 

"He was touching you up, you can't just ignore it!" I protest. 

"Ugh I could have told someone, now the Capitol will have it in for you" She says. 

"I'm sorry" I say. 

"It's fine" she says looking as if she's about to cry.

"It's not I didn't mean to upset you" I say. 

"It's fine, just ,everythings getting on top of me y'know" she says brushing away tears and heading over to the Axes and and Tridents place. What was I supposed to do ? he looked at her as if she was a peice of meat. I shoot the careers a look, and if looks could kill, they'd be flat on their backs.