Destruction - Chapter 16 - Looking from the outside.

Destruction. 

Chapter 16. 

Hanna p.o.v

This position is all to familliar, Louis still formulating his plan to get to his uncle, but we're about to watch the highlights of the second day, we're about to find out if Flora or Harry are dead, my hearts beating fast already, this next hour is going to be unbearable, I don't think I can take it every night, it's like a countdown until their death, I brush the thought of death away. 

I saw the dead tributes friends and family leave, without even finding out why they were summoned, well maybe they did, but  they didn't tell us, Luckily Flora hasn't killed anyone, but the boys didn't half get dirty looks from Harry's kills families. He had to do it, that's what the arena's about, if anyone's getting dirty looks it should be the capitol.

I make sure I have Zayn's shoulder to hide behind as we take our seats on the comfortable sofa's. 

Liam p.o.v

The seal of Panem opens the show and ceaser's there introducing it, Showing highlights, I see Flora and Harry but not long enough to see what they're doing. 

The arena is weird this year, there's no traps as yet, but it usually means something sinister is building up. And I know it's making Louis even more nervy because all the arena traps are at his uncle's hands, and Lou's uncle is a genius, it's sure to be something brilliant.. but not in a good way. 

I know he's thinking maybe he can get to him in time to stop it, because if it's a trap at his uncles hands that kills Harry.. or Flora, he'd never forgive him. 

Then the day starts the time flashes up, 7:08am The arena almost looks peaceful to an onlooker who had no idea about the games, then the Camera's flicks to sleepy tributes, the Careers stir under the cornucopia weapons around, packs of food, warm as could be in sleeping bags.

It shows a girl, from district one Maisie if I remember, She looks suprisingly like Flora, for a moment I'm thouroughly confused and scared, I look for Harry but in closer veiw it's not, and a sigh of releif runs over us. 

Then it flicks to Harry,Flora and Raven, Harry and raven are awake, I look at Flora, the only thing distinguishing her and the Career is her bandage due to their exact same hair colour but it's easy to tell the difference once Harry wakes her. 

She looks genuinely happy to be with him, to be there, deep inside it must be awful and the hardest task to put a smile on your face, When I think about it, the careers all looked raring to go, but Maisie didn't she looked maybe gentler kinder, less Career like than the others, even district 12 Ade fits in. 

Beth p.o.v

Flora's red stained bandage is a scary reminder of the truth, but they both seem Happy enough, I suppose this lifts our spirits a bit, I clutching Niall as they leave their perfect hiding place, Flora shoots arrows into tree's, perfect shot everytime as the tree surface is only thin. 

I will them to be more on guard, maybe they don't realise how vunerable they are, maybe this has concequences they could be dead to us in a matter of minuetes. 

Harry seems to have his bearings though as they travel further in, away from the careers at the cornucopia, They flick to the other tributes further out, one is deep into the forest music is building I have a feeling something is going to happen, I have never known the gamemakers to hold off the arena traps for too long. 

They head into a valley and there's a huge bridge, I know this means trap to everyone, you'd only need a bridge if there was once a river right ? 

Louis p.o.v

Flora starts the climb the ruts of the bridge much to Harry's astonishment, I laugh at his dumbfounded expression but then I feel melancholy creep over me, will he ever do that expression for me again ? 

Sophie looks at me and smiles sadly, I smile back but I feel like crying, Flora seems to have found some sort of hideout in the ruts of the bridge Harry follows and they're soon in their own metal basket high above ground with a perfect look out. 

The shot switches to careers and other groups, no other alliances besides the careers and Harry, Flora and Raven.

The careers are setting out, their blood thirsty smiles make me squirm, they're heading over towards the forest, I hope they might go into there instead of towards the valley, then before I can consider it any further, there's the boy from district 9 running through the forest he seems lost and there is no light from the canopy, his breathing is fast, and there's rustling and almost a hissing as he runs. He speeds up although what he's scared of is invisible to us at the moment, there's suddenly a flick of a scaly tail through the tree's a hissing comes closer, and the boys on the floor, held down my some kind of serpent, snake like, unclear how long it is in the shadows,and the camera blacks out, a cannon shot. 

suddenly the bright daylight is back and they're in the open following a district 5 boy. Before long Flora and Harry are back on the scene, they seem to have climbed down from their hideout and have gone a different direction from Raven, Flora has her hand clamped over Harry's mouth when it flicks back to the chestnut haired little girl.

Sophie p.o.v

What I see next almost stops my heart, Ade from our district and a boy from three holding raven down, she's struggling, why aren't Flora and Harry with her !? 

She lets out a wobbly yet strangled scream as the boy from three holds her and Ade slits her throat blood trickling then gushing from it as he drops her limp and lifeless on the ground and they run, My teeth are gritted and Hanna leaps up and bolts from the room, making me jump, probably to be sick. She's followed by Zayn. The worst part is, Ade was smiling almost laughing as he did it. 

And then Flora's there, before she has a chance to react her bow is loaded and there's an arrow in district 3 boys back, shame it wasn't Ade. 

And then she's frozen, Harry's collecting water bottles and taking her pack and kinves, Flora's rooted to the spot, her skin tinged green, Harry pulls her arm gently. 

"We need to go" He says pulling her with more force. 

"No" Flora says finally breaking, she let's Harry pull her away tears trickling down her cheeks, I feel myself start to cry too, seeing her like that, It could just as easily have been her. 

They manage to return to the base but Flora doesn't move from her curled into a ball position. 

They go back to the careers, congratulating Ade, all but one, they seem to be arguing, Maisie and her district one partner. 

"Don't be stupid Maisie, we're in it to win it, or would you rather that pathetic girl had been you ?" He says.She goes quiet and walks ahead with district 2 violet. 

"That shut her up" calls Ade.

Zayn p.o.v

I return with a pale and shaking Hanna, I did know she didn't like blood and that was gory, and all to real considering it was Harry and Flora's friend and so young too, I think of her family, could they have stood watching that ?

Everyone's in a stony silence, not a word uttered and the same on the TV screen, The arena silent but from gentle birdcall and the flow of the stream now riddled with crimson, I sit Hanna down and no-one watches properly for the rest of it, no more Harry and Flora footage.

It's a releif but it's shocked us all how easily it could have been one of them. The credits roll on as they replay the deaths, Louis snaps the TV off. 

"I.. I have a plan" he says shakily.