Destruction - Chapter 18 - Draw backs.

Destruction. 

Chapter 18. 

Liam p.o.v

Louis' told us his plan and he's even more determined for it to work, I know we are too, as we head across town, this time using disguises, more just dressing smart, wait not smart, like Capitol people. 

Today is interveiw day were they let reporters and their team in for 5 minuete slots to interveiw the head gamemaker, Louis thinks, if he can just get to his uncle he can speak to him properly, and obviously pretending to be journalists could be the ticket. 

The mentors don't know we're going, we have decided not to tell them anything until we've part suceeded, so then they'll have to agree and get Flora and Harry out, then send them any messages they need through gifts. 

Louis is going in as the main reporter, and Sophie and Beth as his assistants, Hanna as interveiw director and Sabrina her assistant then me Liam,Niall and Zayn as camera crew. Louis thinks it's foolproof but I'm not so sure as I catch a glimpse of my weird Capitol self in a shop window and shiver. 

Hanna p.o.v

There's still a tension hanging over the group, after the trap Harry and Flora got themselves into, and they so very nearly died because of us, the reaon we were bought to the Capitol, we had quick interveiws recorded when we first got here, but thought nothing of it, they manipulated out voices and pictures, to create a trap using the people the tributes most love to use as reflections in a Lake of acid. The idea is it pulls the tributes in with cries of the one's you love, Flora would have been dead if Harry wasn't there to pull her away, I have no idea how he resisted the calls of Lou,Liam,Zayn and Niall. 

I know Louis' angry this is no doubt the work of someone clever, incredibly clever, all that manipulation, and Louis' uncle fits that bill perfectly, He wants to stop this, traps will get nastier, he will be broken if his best-friend and the girl his best-friend loves most die at his uncles Hands. 

I despise what I'm wearing, a tight corset and then a pink silk dress with a pink curly wig, I personally think  I look ridiculous but this is the norm in the Capitol, no looks are sent our way as we round the familliar corner to the Gamemakers Headquarters. 

Zayn p.o.v

There's a queue of people looking alike us with Camera's in their hands we only have two small camera's which is all we could afford, but it'll do for our cover, this plan can't fail, there's only limited time Flora and Harry can survive, traps are getting deadlier as this week goes on. 

I suppose now being into the 2nd week things are hotting up. With 13 dead and most of them in the first few days things need to speed up too or the Capitol will get bored with no gore, it's the gamemakers main job.

all the Capitol new crews eye each other, they want to see who will get the new information from the Head GameMaker himself. We're obviously new kids on the block but we don't want to rouse suspicion someone asks Louis what newspaper we're from and I overhear him saying a new one, our first issue will hold this interveiw. The guys raises his eyebrows and turns to his team as they snigger our way. 

It's not as if we care though, we're not here to compete in the snotty Capitol newspaper scoop competition. 

Beth p.o.v

As we arrive at the door, I hover inconspicuously behind Niall, I want desperately to hold his hand for reassurance but I remember we're under cover and stop myself, he smiles at me instead. 

"Hello Game Makers head quarters what newspaper are you from ?" Comes the annoying voice familliar from the other day.

"Let's hope she's a bit unobservant" mutters Liam. 

"We're from the umm Capitol Daily" says Louis in a slightly put on Capitol voice. 

"I'm pretty sure we've already had the Capitol Daily ?" she says.

"Hahaha! I didn't say the Capitol Daily, I said we're from the Capitol Mail - emm - ey" 

"Oh right okay come straight through, I'll tick you off" She says, as we open the door a woman of early twenties with orange hair, red-rimmed glasses and matching eyeliner. 

"So Capitol Mail, straight up the stairs 2nd door on the left is Mr.Tomlinsons office" she says to Louis, he flinches as the name Mr.Tomlinson is mentioned, because of course it is his name too. 

I look at the incredibly modern decor' and follow Niall up the glass staircase my incredibly high glittery heels make a loud clutter. 

Louis p.o.v

We step through the door marked with my uncles name on a gold plate, I shiver at the words 'head gamemaker underneath, I'm seething with anger, but I have to be tactful. 

We step through the door, and there he is, he looks remarkably normal compared to everyone else, he has a red cape on but his eyes match mine, he looks no different from years ago from when I was a young child before he left, slightly less hair but the same, this is what throws me. 

I decide to be straight as we only have 5 minuetes, after I've checked the room for other people and camera activity I pull my wig and cloak off. 

"Uncle... do you remember me?" I ask stonily looking at him, his face lights up, a smile the same as my dad's that tugs on my heart. 

"Why.. why Louis ! my dear boy! I haven't seen you since you were what ? 4 ? 5? How are your parents , well I ne-" He stops realising my confusion. 

"I don't understand" I murmer.

"This can all be explained, I promise, I want to come home, I'm allowed to come home after these games !" He says getting up. 

"Stop, I.. I need to talk to you about something, I don't have alot of time" I say, suddenly forgiving him, of course he has a good story for this, the Capitol are so controlling, he couldn't resist what they want, and how is he to know Harry is my best friend. 

"Of course... I know you and your friends aren't members of the Capitol news group, I knew you were here, I never dreamed you'd come to see me, I THOUGHT I WAS CLEVER WHY DID I NOT PUT TWO AND TWO TOGETHER THAT YOU'RE FRIEND WITH THE DISTRICT 4 BOY, you.. were in his reflections"  He says, he used to do this sometimes, prehaps a tendency of a genius, get angry with himself, awnser his own questions...

"The reflections were your idea ?" I ask, He nods. 

"I'm so sorry... but it seems your friend has got himself all in a muddle with these girls' friend, district 12 Flora ?" He says. 

"Yes" I say. 

"And........... I suppose you want me to do something about it" He says. 

"Yes" I say again. 

"I suppose I owe it to you, but it would have to be ever so clever, make it look like a glitch, a fluke, so we're undetected, blame it on the technical team ?" He says I see him already hatching a plan, I know deep down he wouldn't leave us for no reason. 

Just then an assistant bursts through the door.

Sophie p.o.v

I want to leap 5 feet into the air, we've done it, but someone has come to crash the party. 

"Mr.Tomlinson you have run over time" She says. 

"Imposters!" Louis' uncle shouts pointing at us. 

"Assaisins, Scoundrels!" he continues.

"GET THEM OUT" He roars, and before I can tell where we stand, security are pulling us out. 

Louis uncle gives him a wink as we leave, distinct to us but undetected by security, we've suceeded, though we're going to the cells.