Destruction - Chapter 11 - Confessions.

Destruction. 

Chapter 11. 

Harry p.o.v

I come out of the wings, and my ears are instantly fizzed by the screaming, cheering and applause of the crowd. I make my way over to Ceaser Flickerman feeling silly in my aqua blue, sequinned suit and bow tie.

I have one thing up my sleeve, one announcement, I have nothing else to talk about. Ceaser turns to me as the applause dies down.

"Well if it isn't Harry Styles, looking very dapper this evening I must say, so how do you feel about being joint 2nd on the score board with three others?" he says. 

"Well... I wasn't actually expecting a 10, and obviously there's some good competition this year" I say. 

"There certainly is, and how about district 12, Flora... the current leader, because I mean I've heard you two are working on an alliance" He says leaning in and raising his eyebrows like this news is the scoop, all I manage is a nod, then he see he has nothing to work with. 

"Yes well... we get on very well" I say quietly. 

"Well we've heard a few whispers haven't we everyone ?" He looks to the crowd and they let out a deafening roar. 

"You have ?" I ask grinning. 

"Oh definitely" he says returning my grin. 

"Well... we have history" He regains his raised eyebrows pose, am I supposed to say this ? well, it's too late now, is this why the Capitol bought us here, so to show some kind onf a subliminial message that outer district alliances won't come to a good end.

"You do ?" he raises his eyebrows to me, and then the audience, pulling out their exitement. 

"We... knew each other when we were children... and my family got moved district" I say. 

"Really ? wow there are things lurking beneath, what a stroke of bad luck you two are both here" He shakes his head. I want to mention how I don't think it's anything to do with luck, but from deep pain in his eyes, I can see he know's that. 

"Yes.." I say, I can almost feel the crowd empathising. 

"So were you two close?" He asks. 

"Yes, we were best friends, if you will" I say. 

"May I ask you one last question Harry ?" He asks, I nod. 

"Do you love her ?" He asks, leaning in again. 

"Yes" I say and you can almost hear the collective 'awh' ripple throughout the crowd.

"Well I don't blame you, she's a beautiful girl, but thankyou Harry, you may go" He says as he nods patting my back in an embrace and I walk off. 

"And we'll get the updates on the happy couple, when the girl herself comes on.. up next... Tanner Goliath district 5 !" He says as I leave.

I expect everyone to look shocked but I guess they've witnessed it themselves, my mentor congratulates me. 

"You won't be forgotten" He nods and that's all he said, a man of few humble words. 

"Think this is going to gain you sponsors or something, because two can play at that game" Hisses Ade, I walk up to Flora but she's not smiling, She pulls me out of the line and round the corner. 

"What the hell was that !?" She asks, her make-up outlining her green eyes so perfectly, it's hard to be scared of her, the soft red silk of her slinky dress, showing her small frame, making her vunerable.

"I was just telling the truth" I murmer. 

"Well, it's not anymore if you think I want an alliance with you now you have got it seriously wrong!" she says tears threatening in her eyes, but the make-up seems waterproof. 

I'm in shock, maybe I should have thought it through, and now I've lost the girl I wanted to keep alive,and I won't even see her before we enter the arena tommorow. 

Flora p.o.v

I watch the expression on Ade's face mocking as I return alone, and angry, he was saying things to me the whole time Harry was on stage, how we're weak targets, the Capitol will hate us.

I see Harry return from round the corner, he looks, hurt, and scared not like he did 5 minuetes ago when he came off the stage glowing, but before I can react, he's gone, in the lift. 

I go to follow him, but I'm grabbed back by a sweaty palmed Gregory. 

"No... I need to see him!" I beg. 

"Sorry, after the interveiw you need to be tucked up in bed for the Arena tommorow" He smiles, nastily, one that almost exactly matches Ade's , what a pair. 

Well the best I can do now is proove to him I didn't mean it, I can tell the Capitol that I feel the same way, he's sure to be watching upstairs. 

Why did I get angry in the first place, is it because I know only one person can win, and I know it will be 1000x harder if complicated emotions are mixed in. And now, he hates me, thinks I don't want an alliance, we haven't planned what to do at the cornucopia, a meeting place, kind of impossible though seeing as we have no idea what landmarks are there. 

I spend the rest of the tributes interveiws worrying, soon the boy from 11 comes out and Beth's mum pats me on the shoulder. 

"It'll be fine, trust your heart" She says, for a start I'm nervous about my dress, skin tight silk, what is it with willow and skin tight, but it's a beautiful dress, edged with gold keeping with the fire theme I suppose.

"Well look who it is ! Fiery Flora from district 12, not only did she top the score board, she's all mixed up in our very own, Hunger Games love story!" roars Ceaser, the crowd is deafening, I have to fight clamping my hands over my ears. 

I smile and wave, almost naturally, how did I do that ? And I take my seat, perched neatly on the chair next to Ceaser.

"So Flora, what were your exact feelings yesterday when you topped the Careers, and not to be sexist all those strapping lads too!" He grins, the crowd cheer again and he quietens them with one wave of his hand. 

"It was brilliant, I felt I was finally a contender in these games.. and I have a secret talent that no-one knows about" Suddenly, I think I hear a nasty laugh in the wings,Ade, I'm certain of who it was , maybe I imagined it ?

"Well... I'll tell you something we all want know what that is, don't we everyone" They roar again, he really is talented at getting the crowd engaged. 

"Don't suppose you could tell us ?" He says. 

"My lips are sealed, but I'm sure you'll find out in a couple of days!"I say, why am I smiling when I say this ? I question myself, I don't want to be happy about killing people... prehaps Ade ?

"Well I must say you're looking dazzling this evening, does she not ?" yet another crowd reaction, even louder this time. 

"Thankyou" I say blushing the same colour as my dress for sure.

"You'll be a poster on many boys walls this year, but I know one boy, I'm sure would love you on his wall, is our district 12's Harry, are you willing to deny feelings for him ?" He asks, there's an expectant silence from the crowd. 

"Our feelings are mutual" I smile. 

"Well we all heard what he said earlier, so that's confirmation, are you willing to rephrase it Flora, do you love him ?" Ceaser asks. 

"Yes.." I nod, the crowd definitely emit the loudest cheer of the night. 

"And there we have it, our lovers in an alliance confirmed, one last question, obviously only one of you can come out, which is the most unfortunate stroke of luck, who will it be?" He asks, the crowd freezes. And I feel a stab of emotion. 

"My mentor says.. go with your heart" I murmer and feeling the empathy spill from the crowd, almost like a respectful silence, and with that the buzzer goes, and I leave, I pass Ade on the way but my eyes are too filled with tears to notice, I run to Beth's mum, the wings are all clear now, I need to talk to Harry but I have no chance.