Destruction - Chapter 9 - Scores.

Destruction.

Chapter 9.

Harry p.o.v

I stand up and Flora looks down the line towards me. 

"Good luck" she mouths trying to be undetected by the other tributes I nod and shoot her a grin, and then frown at Ade sitting next to her, it still makes me uneasy him being so near, but she's adament she can handle it, and I'm reminded of the concequences of my temper from my slightly throbbing nose.

As I go into the training gym, this time it's empty of aggressive tributes, a babble of game-makers in the veiwers box, I look up and in the middle of the bustle, there is a man in a red cape like thing, he turns and I see his peircing blue eyes, same as Lou, that's his uncle, I follow his gaze, he must know I'm from 4, where he came from, and that I'm of a simmilar age to his nephew. 

He follows me, and I start with the knives. I decide to target the main points, heart, stomach, forehead and crotch. 

The gamemakers go back to their feast, but I notice one's eyes is still on me, Red cape Tomlinson. It's almost freaking me out how much he looks like Lou under all that capitol enhancement. I ignore his eyes on me and throw, first one slightly to the right of the  heart, I throw again, directly in the middle, I look up and I've caught all the gamemakers attention.

I throw the second straight into the forehead, then three in a line down the stomach and one into the crotch, the best I've ever done, I congratulate myself silently and move onto tridents, I pick up three and launch them across the training gym, they each crash into the wall on the opposite side from me and crash in a line to the floor. 

Theres still silence from the gamemakers bar the scribbling of pen on paper and heavy breath. 

I grab a stretch of rope and knot it quckly and deftly, adding more and more each time, within 5 minuetes I have woven a net big enough to trap a fully grown man, I spread my net onto the floor, and with a nod from Red cape Tomlinson I walk out. 

I see Flora still waiting nervously in the line all the other tributes who went in before me have gone, I want to talk to her, give her a heads up but I can see I'm being ushered out of the door by dirty looks.

"I'll meet you after" I mouth and she nods nibbling her lip, she does it alot, I think it might be when she's nervous, she did it before the opening ceremony, and when I had that fight with Ade, I try not to catch his eye as I hold her gaze while I walk out the door.

Flora p.o.v

As the line of tributes shortens, butterflies in my stomach increase, I should start going easy on the Capitol meals if things are going to be this nervy, I swallow to keep everything down as I watch Ade come out, he looks cocky and he's grinning at me.

"Got em all warmed up for you beautiful" He says, ew, I think as I stand up and walk, trying to be confident into the gym.

As I step in the atmosphere is weirdly different from what it has been the past few days filled with all the tributes, well this is what I've been saving my secret weapon for. 

I head towards the bows, and a guy in a red cape, follows me, his eyes are so very blue, but not Capitol surgery blue.  The others are chatting, but I've noticed this guy has realised I haven't touched a bow before. I give a sly smile at him and I think I may have seen a slight one in return on his botoxed face. 

I lift the bow, so different from the wooden one's of my fathers I use at home, heavier, I load, this bit is still pretty simple. and lift. aim is harder due to the weight of the metal. 

I aim. 

My first shot is fired direct hit to the heart, I move onto the next dummy, there's 5 in a row. 

Next one.

In the heart. 

Now all the gamemakers are staring at me, I see red cape smiling. 

Next one. 

In the heart. 

And the last.... 

In the heart. 

I don't know what to do know so I reload, and shoot down the row again, except this time, straight in the forehead. 

Somehow this heavy metal bow seems lifted like air when aiming, I soon get used to it, I think I've impressed, what else can I do, I turn and there in the knots and general survival area, a rope net, strung up, I reload deciding to impress while I can, and shoot arrows directly though the holes in the net, without them even touching the sides, I smile, I can soon get used to these.

I place the bow neatly where it came from and I am dismissed by a smiling red cape - head gamemaker.

I run out only to crash straight into a waiting Ade, he should have gone ? why the heck is he still here ? 

"Oh...you ?" I say grumpily, easing my way around him. 

"Yes me.. thought I might wait for you since everyones gone now" He smiles, I don't like the tone of the smile, he comes towards me so I back away and he keeps going until I'm flat backed against the wall, his hands either side of my head.

"So.. shall we go then ?" I ask, sensing how strong he is compared to me, his wait and muscle has almost doubled since we arrived here, mine hasn't had quite that affect. 

"No... I had a matter I'd like to discuss with you actually" he puts his face right in front of mine, our lips almost touching as I clamp my mouth shut, There is no-one in the room, not even any staff. 

"What ?" I whisper. 

" I know what you can do.. everyone in district 12 does and I can guarentee, you'll have the best score on the board, so.. I quite like the look of you, always have, I need you to ally with me and the careers" He says, almost like he's taunting me. Waiting for me to loose it at him. 

"And what if I don't?" I murmer defiantly.

"Well.. we'll all see you and lover boy, and bird girl will get picked off first, and it's done the most painful way possible" he says, he almost looks like he wants to rip my head off. or bite me, his teeth are almost resting on my neck. 

I sigh, letting him think I'm thrown by this. The I raise my leg slightly and knee him, straight in the crotch so he's bent double on the floor. 

"If you can fucking find us" I hiss and run into the lift, leaving him sprawled. 

When I get the doors safely shut I realise the extent of his threat, this is game, well and truly on, for me, Harry and little Raven. 

I press 12 but cancel and hit 4, there's only one person I can talk to, before I sink down and hug my knees tears falling all over my black training outfit.