Destruction - Chapter 15 - Taken.

Destruction. 

Chapter 15. 

Flora p.o.v

I wake up my head is saw, but it feels much better than last night, I'm lucky,I'm not dead. Harry is already awake and packing things up, I slide out of the sleeping back and start rolling it. 

"Morning" He says. 

"Morning" I reply. 

"Hungry ?" he asks, I nod putting a hand on my tender forehead, as I move he passes me an energy/breakfast bar and I take it greatfully. 

"We got a 12 pack of those" he laughs taking the last bite of his and putting the wrapper into his pack so as to leave no evidence. I smile at Raven and she smiles meekly back rearranging her medical kit. I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for her. 

"So plan for today,get further away from the Cornucopia the careers are bound to have made base there,and god know's how big their pack is, and there's probably the remains of your... blood from yesterday, so we could well have a trail, keep this spot in mind though, it's cover" He says. I nod and so does Raven. 

"You two should speak up a bit" he says looking at me. 

"Leave it out, I just woke up" I mumble finishing my cereal bar, having some water, then shaking the sleep out of my eyes. 

We all have our weapons on hand, my precious bow is clasped to me. my knives in my coat pocket and pack and sleeping bag on my back. 

We decide to stick to the outer edge of the forest, I fire a few practice arrows into the tall pine tree's and they go directly where I want them to, each time I bound ahead and collect it with an applause from Harry and Raven. 

We soon reach the end of the forest as we're not willing to go deeper in, god know's what lies there, Harry leads us over to where there's green hills ahead. 

"Is this under cover enough ?" I ask. 

"Well, I reckon there's a valley inbetween these hills there'll be shelter there and if we can find a decent hiding place, we can see everybody go past" He says. 

"Wow Styles, why are you so logical ? " I laugh nudging him. 

"I don't know... comes with being a fisherman" He grins. 

"You're a fisherman ?" I ask. 

"Of course silly , district 4! anyone would think you got a brain impairment with that head injury" He laughs. 

"Maybe I did, or maybe it's just beause when I knew you ,you were a hunter" I say as he put's his hand in mine.

"Maybe" he says stroking the back of my hand softly with his thumb, we come over the hill after a few minuetes of walking, down the hill there's a wide Valley, with clumps of tree's little streams running across, we set off down the hill, and there's a copse of tree's and a bridge, then as we walk down the valley the stream heads underground. There's a big bridge and I realise this valley is a dried up river bed.

And I'm wary of it, it could be a gamemakers trap, I'm eager not to stay in this valley more than a few nights.

"Harry do you th-"  he nods and I know he's on the same wavelength.

We walk underneath the towering bridge, I climb a few rungs and in the steel structure there is gaps they get bigger as the go up, I stop about half way and climb in disapeering from Harry's veiw I'm sure, I poke my head out again, I could get a head shot over most of the valley from here.

"Come up here!" I call and Harry starts climbing followed by Raven, he's soon here but I need to help him with his climbing technique, I pull him in and raven is in straight after, it's pretty roomy, actually a perfect hiding place. 

"Do you think anyone else will think of coming up here ?" He asks. 

"Well I don't know, I like to think towards the skies and well if anyone starts climbing I can shoot them straight down right ?" I say. 

"Well aren't you a little bright spark " he says ruffling my hair as I pull my rucksack off of my back, I roll my eyes and we decide to go and hunt for extra food, Raven says we can split up and she'll get all the water, I'm wary of it, and Harry says it's okay as long as she has weapons with her, just as this is happening, a cannon shot goes off, as if to reinforce it, I gulp and we climb down from our hideout. The we go opposite ways as Raven heads towards the stream. 

Harry p.o.v

We head off over the valley Flora's bow poised, as we round the edge of the hill, I'm about to say something when she clamps a hand over my mouth her breathing hushed and then she nods her head towards a flock of pheasants, She fires, shoots, takes one down, reloads, shoots and takes another before I have a chance to get one with my knife. 

"Easy" she grins and goes to pull her arrows out, she picks up the birds.

Suddenly there's a blood-curdling scream, high pitched, unmistakeable.

"Raven" Screams Flora and before I can miss a beat she's gone, the birds dropped, on the dewy grass, as we go under our bridge you can see Raven's body her throat cut, and running up the valley back towards the cornucopia A boy with tightly curled strawberry blonde hair and a boy Ash blonde hair, big built, Ade. 

Flora shoots but he's over the hill and she gets the strawberry boy in the back he falls to the floor, and two cannon's go off simultaneously. 

I grab our water bottles, and Raven's weapons, Flora's staring at her body ,white and shaking.

"No" She screams as I pull her a few feet back. 

"We have to go, you don't want to see this" I say pulling her further away, I'm aware of the hovercraft above us the wind force pushes us back anyway, and she's gone. 

"No" Flora says again tears streaming down her face. 

"She's gone" I whisper into her hair. 

"No.. we shouldn't have let her go alone!" she cried, The last images of Raven are flashing though my head, her throat, Flora seems to have turned a weird shade of green, and I decide enough is enough, this death place is harrowing to us both. 

I pull her away but she's still crying silently, I practically shove her back into our hiding place and she curls into a ball, sobbing, I try to comfort her but it's no use. 

"It was Ade" she murmers, I wasn't going to say anything. 

"I know..." I say doubtfully, She sits up. 

"Harry we have to kill him" She says getting up, I pull her down. 

"Not now okay ? we can think about it tommorow, they'll be on guard, he did it to scare you" I say clamping my hands on her shoulders so she sits back down. 

We sit in each others arms, I'm not sure wether she's sleeping or crying, as night falls, I eat something myself and offer her something,but she declines without even raising her head, it's like she's in mourning or something.  

The sky darkens, three deaths today. Strawberry boy from 3, Raven and Boy from 9.

9 Tributes dead already, Flora had looked up temporarily but when she see's raven her head returns to her hands. 

"Tommorow, it's game on okay ?" I say kissing her forehead, and laying down to cuddle her.