Destruction - Chapter 28 - Narrow Escape.

Destruction. 

Chapter 28.

Louis p.o.v

I pace up and down, and the others follow me I'm the only one in motion, it's now quater to 10, and we've been told Flora and Harry will be delivered back to the suite when they're finished in surgery, the coming out interveiws are tommorow morning, and it seems like the worst time space in the world to see them, and for Flora to see her parents. 

"Just sit down Louis" Murmers sophie. 

"Come on Boo Bear, you're making us all nervous" laughs Niall. 

"Sorry" I say sitting down next to Sophie and taking her hand, I survey the room Flora's parents opposite us holding each other I know this must be a crazy time for them, it's probably not going to be all smiles and laughter. Jonas in the corner on his own, he looks wary but I know he wanted to be here anyway, and then Beth her mum on one side, Niall on the other, then Sabrina and Liam, and Hanna and Zayn on another sofa. 

I wonder what they could be doing to them for hours, but then again, I have seen transformations on the winners interveiws, they leave the arena with scars, and wounds all over the shop, I wonder what they'll do to Harry's ankle and the scar on Flora's head from the knife that got her on the first day.

The clock on the mantel strikes ten as it does every hour but this time it makes us all jump, Maisie won't be coming back here but Flora's mum saw her sister who she hasn't seen in years a few days ago and they decided they will keep in touch. 

I want to pace again when the door opens and in walks the person I've been waiting for, along with another person I would never have anticipated would be here when Harry went into the arena. I want to run to him, hug him, but it's scary like... like they look scared to be here. 

Hanna p.o.v

They're both clad in snowy white, Harry a white t-shirt and trousers and Flora, a white cotton dress, their skin creamy and flawless, not a mark could be found I'm sure, It doesn't look like Flora's wearing make-up but she must be to make her cheeks have that perfect colour and her eyes outline perfectly, their hair is natural the light reflecting from it, as I look to their hands they're locked together. 

Harry looks around the room warily and Flora's eyes are firmly fixed on the floor, she's changed and it's scary, Harry catches sight of Louis and focuses on him, he smiles for the first time, it lights up his face and I remember him even from all those years ago, the child with the curls and the perfect smile. 

Louis obviously can't help himself anymore and goes to hug Harry, Harry reaches his arms out as Flora looks up and she smiles too, Louis and Harry embrace but Zayn is soon in on the act too, it turns into one massive teary group hug.

Flora's parents stand by as do Beth's mum and Jonas, I see Flora's mum and she's smiling but we haven't got past the worst bit, after what they've been through in the arena they are bound to be traumatised and whatever else.

We pull away and Flora's crying but no make-up is running and thank god because it would show like crazy on that white dress, I can't even see a scar on her from that knife on day one. 

"It's been a while Haz" laughs Louis, they both look like they're about to cry, and until I feel Zayns finger on my cheek brushing a tear away that I realise I'm crying. 

Niall p.o.v

They're clinging to each other more than ever, even though the ice has been broken being in a bulding and concious would be a strange experience after where they've been for the past month, and they must be shattered. 

everybody is an emotional mess as Louis pulls Harry and Flora to sit next to him and Sophie, Flora embraces Sophie again and Sophie whispers something too her, it seems Flora hasn't even noticed the extra presence in the room, but all eyes are on her.

I watch her face as does everyone else, as she clocks them her face is that of a rabbit caught in headlights, it's like she's recognise them but doesn't understand, of course she doesn't how could she. 

"Who... who are they ?" she whispers, Harry's on guard now, as if to protect her from whatevers scaring her but it's like he's made a connection too, they look just like her. 

"Flora.. they're your mum and dad" says Beth's mum quietly moving over to her. 

"No.. my mum and dad are dead.. I don't understand" she says Harry's arms are around her but she's gone pale and the colour in her cheeks has gone, her green eyes are fixed on the man and the woman across the room that look just like her, they daren't say anything yet though. 

"They're not, they were kept prisoners ,honestly, look, don't you remember?" Says Beth, Flora shakes her head, her eyes spilling over again. 

"It's okay... don't cry love" Harry whispers, she looks up frm slumping in on herself, he seems to have the most effect on her which must be dismaying to Sophie,Beth,Hanna and Sabrina, Sophie has her arm around her too. 

"I don't understand" she says again. 

"Snow kept them prisoner so they couldn't come home, but we managed to get them out! and now they can,you've got to beleive us" says Sophie. 

"It's true Flora" whispers Harry.

"Flora.. ?" says her dad. She seems to tune into his voice as she studies them again.

"Dad?" she replies whispering. 

"We've missed you gingersnaps" He says, her face crumples again as he says it. 

"I didn't meant to upset you" He says softly. 

"No you..you didn't "she says looking up. 

"It's amazing that we can come home isn't it" says her mum, Flora still has tears dripping down her face. 

Sophie p.o.v

Flora has a firm grip on my hand as her dad continues to talk. 

"I saw you with your bow, you did us proud little one" says her dad, she smiles for the first time and gets up, everyone tenses like she's a wild animal that could snap at any moment.

Her and Harry's hands are still unbreakable and she takes him with her as her parents stand up, she holds out her arms towards her dad, letting go of Harry's hand finally. He embraces her as does her mother. 

"I've missed you both so much" She says as she steps back into Harry's arms, something tells me it's going to take them a while to rekindle the bond they had with their daughter. It must be terrifying for Flora she had no idea, Flora and Harry still don't know it was us who got them out. 

 "Are you hungry?" Louis asks them. 

"God yes, we haven't eaten since this morning" Harry says Flora nods and someone switches the TV on you'd think it would be an awkward silence but Flora's parents look overjoyed and everybody is chatting, the plan suceeded and tommorow we're all going home. 

We call down to the kitchen and Harry and Flora order their favourite food. Me and Lou sit in the kitchen with them as they eat, it's mad how much I've missed Flora, but now Flora has Harry and I have Louis things have changed for everyone I know the boys want to come and live in twelve.

Flora gives up about half way through her meal unable to take another mouthful and Harry just about manages his, they decline dessert and me and Louis are told to show them to their rooms, we wait as she Flora says good night to her parents, maybe it won't take as long as we all thought for them to re bond. 

They've been given two adjoining rooms but we hug them and leave them at a single door, like we'd have any chance of keeping them apart now anyway. 

We step into my room and I turn the light on. 

"Soph" Says Louis, I turn. 

"It's good to have them back isn't it" he says, before I have a chance to reply he kisses me lingering on my lips and then pulling away grinning.