Destruction - Chapter 21 - Acceptance.

Destruction. 

Chapter 21. 

Flora p.o.v

We're still in the tree and we have been for a couple of days, Harry's ankle is getting worse, and I'm running out of water and bandages, we haven't ventured down for fear of being attacked by the dogs again, and Harry's ability to move swiftly isn't great at the moment. 

We've been sent food though it was only a loaf of bread we were greatful, and while Harry was out I hunted a rabbit which we ate raw, he didn't want me to go alone so I had to go while he was asleep, but thirst has crept up on us again. 

I haven't really eaten much either, left it to Harry, he needs energy, I don't understand why Beth's mum sent us food and not medicine, I suppose prices have rocketed, but I'm worried, really worried, at night he has fever, and he's constantly pale, sometimes he'll just black out, and I can't wake him until he does it himself.

I'm about to go and catch another rabbit, runs the risk of rabbit fever eating them raw but we've got no choice when another two cannon shots go off, there's only been 2 deaths in the past 3 days, which are these two I have a feeling the gamemakers will be stirring things up soon. 

As I got to step to the next branch. 

"Flora ?"comes Harry's voice. Shit, no rabbit for us tonight, I think. 

"Yep ?" I reply, climbing back up onto our wide branch. 

"Where were you going ?" He asks. 

"I.. em needed the toilet" I say. 

"Well that's obviously a lie, you haven't eaten or drunk anything in the last 24 hours" He says. 

"Hmm more observant than you look" I laugh, taking a look through the pack for food, nothing as per usual, my stomach rumbles and I sigh. 

"Well it's suprising how much you notice when you have to sit here all day" he smiles.

"At least we're safe ?" I say, although I highly doubt that, Harry needs something for his ankle, and fast.

"So where were you going ?" He asks again, jesus christ forget about it and go back to sleep, I think but no such luck. 

"I was going to get some more rabbit"  I sigh, there's no point in lying. 

"Flora, I told you not to go out without me, you could get hurt ! or killed" he says. 

"Because we need food! you need food!" I say. 

"I know.. but why can't I come with you !?" He says. 

"Why do you think, thought you were clever ?" I mutter. 

"I could.." He starts but I don't reply. 

"Look I'm sorry, I know you're hungry and stuff, but do you know how hard it is for me ? I'm stuck up here, the boy is meant to protect the girl, but I can't now, and it's horrible, horrible to know that I'm making you ill and that you'd be better off on your own, so.. I want to say, I don't mind if you want to go" He says. 

I'm practically horrified at this, I wouldn't have stuck around this long if I wanted to leave would I ? he's saved my life on more than one occasion, so It's my turn right ? It scares me that a few days ago, I was going to walk away from him, then again that was because he could have survived and he could win this, but I couldn't now anyway not now I would be leaving him for certain death, and it's like we're tied to each other, I know him better than I know anyone now... if I even tried to leave my heart would pull me back, in a way we've set up our own death trap, something deep down tells me this was snows plan all along.