Chapter 8: I am so proud of you

Today is THE DAY. Today my best friend has her last match as a NXT Superstar and the day she drops the NXT Womens Championship to Sasha Banks. I could not be anymore proud of both her and Sasha who I have gotten to know through Beth. I was still a little on edge because of the attack from Erick Rowan the other night. Thank god for Dean though, talk about right place right time. I didn't tell anyone about it because honestly I was afraid of it having a negative impact on my career or if people would say I was just making it all up for attention. Dean hasn't told anyone either after I begged him not to. Of course people asked where the black eye and the few scrapes and bruises came from, he told them he had a small altercation after leaving the club that night. He's been urging me to tell Triple H or Steph, but today is Beth's day and I'm not going to let what happened overshadow her.

 We meet in the performance center and got in the ring as the group sat quietly waiting for instructions from us as to what we would do today for training. We had agreed the night before that because it was the day a male talent and a female talent was moving up and the day of an NXT show that we would give them a break. 

 "Today you guys are going to focus on spending the time with Beth and Neville. Show them your support and love throughout the day" William Regal began "Now even though were not training we do have a show tonight that we need to set up for" he finished up with the group cheering. 

 Lita then stepped forward with a clipboard in hand "Alright listen up, match card for tonight goes as follows in this order" she says and everyone goes silent. "Enzo and Big Cass in tag team action vs. Aiden English and Simon Gotch" she looks up when she hears enzo say "realest dudes in the room how you doin"?. We all laugh and she continues. "Baron Corbin vs Hideo Itami singles action, Neville vs The Brian Kendrick also singles action, Rhyno vs Solomon Crowe vs Tyler Breeze triple threat match,  NXT Womens Championship match Beth accompanied by Alex vs Sasha, and finally Champ Finn Balor vs Kevin Owens non title match" she concludes. I look at Beth and she has a smile spread across her face and looks like she is gonna scream with excitement at any moment. "Alright guys lets get a move on" Matt Bloom announces clapping.

 The group spreads out to get started with set up for the show. Beth comes over beaming ear to ear as we engulf each other in a bear hug. She lets go and says "Alex! did you know they were gonna have you accompany me to my last NXT"?. I stick my tongue out and laugh "well..... I kinda knew since Monday after training" I laugh. "You little sneaky snake" she exclaims laughing.

 "Show em how its done tonight killer" Seth walks by Beth putting his arm around her. He winks and walks off with Dean and Roman.

 "Details"!!!! I scream weirded out.

 "I don't know, we just really get along and had a blast together at the club the other night" she says. 

 I make a gagging sound "EWWWWW" I laugh.

 "Shut up" she jokes  hitting my chest. We laugh and I finally remember the gift I got for her should be here anytime. 

 "Hey I'm waiting on a package I ordered so I'm gonna go up front and see if it has gotten here yet okay" I tell her

 "Aight muh sista" she says.

 I turn to walk away and see Sheamus and Randy Orton next to the door chatting. As I walk bye I say hello to them. "Well hello to you too beautiful" Sheamus says with his thick accent making me blush. 

 Walking down the hall I stop in and grab my phone out of my room I had been staying in for the last few days. I open the door to walk back out, but I pause hearing two male voices in the hall. It sounds like Dean and Roman, a very pissed off Dean.