Chapter 21: The fuck is your problem?

So at least Bray did as he said, I mean they did play nice and stick to the script. Wait am I actually complimenting him for keeping his word? I was still scared to death the whole time I had to be around him and honestly when the lights went out I kept telling myself to run. I ran straight to check on Beth after we had exited the to the locker room. I know it was all planned sure, but we have always been the ones to check each other right then and there. In the earlier days when we had worked the Indy Circuit we started off as a feud before we joined as a tag team. She would kick my ass and I kicked hers, but no matter what we didn't take it personal and soon as we got backstage we checked each other and hugged it out. You can't beat that in the business. Hell you can't beat that in life. As I was walking I saw one of the ref's that helped her to the back so I asked where they had taken her to because accidents can happen. Luckily tonight it wasn't the case. Said they got her behind the curtain and asked that they inform me she was okay and in the women's locker room. I told the ref thanks and made my way there.

I walked in the locker room and gave Beth a hug and asked if she was okay. She giggled and said "Dude I'm good, saw the action on the monitor and DAMN" she exclaims "You sold being scared like a champ girl"!. I shrugged my shoulders and replied "Trust me that was far from an act. Those lights went out and I almost pissed myself". She started to dig through her bag for some fresh clothes and said "Looked like Dean was getting awfully chummy"?. I looked at her confused. "Oh come on Alex, I thought you two were super glued together as tight as he was holding you" she laughed at my confused look. "Please, it was all for show I'm sure" I answered and rolled my eyes. "Whateverrrrr" she says. "I'm gonna hop in the shower before we head back is that cool"? she says to me. "Yea sure, I'm gonna go grab something to drink and walk this adrenaline off".

I walk out connecting my ear buds into my phone and start making my way down to catering. Looks like I made it in time because their starting to pack up. I grab a bottle of MT. Dew and turn to walk out. I noticed the main even was going on after walking pass a monitor in the cramped hallway. I sit down on an empty crate and watch Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton slugging it out. Daniel was taking a pretty rough beating from Orton. As the camera is switching angles I notice The Authority at ringside. *I guess I know how this is gonna end, Daniel more than likely getting jumped right when he is about to win. I know their my bosses, but I don't agree with everything HHH and Stephanie do* I think to myself. I'm really into the match at this point and I feel someone patting my leg. I look over pulling my ear buds out. "Sheamus, to what do I owe this displeasure"? I say in annoyance.

 He looks down at his feet with shame. "Um, Alex I just wanted to say I'm sorry" he says in a very quiet mumble. I heard him, but I figured may as well make him feel worse for a bit. "Sorry, I didn't get that, can you speak up please"? I say sounding annoyed yet amused. He sat up straighter turning towards me clearing his throat "I'm sorry". "Sorry for what exactly? for being a horndog asshole, losing all trust and respect I had for you? Or are you sorry for messing with my feelings to try and win a bet? or for being such a dumbass that Beth kicked your ass after me warning you to never piss her off or for me exposing what a filthy pathetic excuse for a human being that you are"? I say finally getting it all off my chest. I could tell by the regretful on his face that maybe I hit an Irish nerve. I sat there for a second without him saying anything. I stood up to walk away thinking that this was done and over with when I felt his large hand wrap around my wrist. This took me by surprise and I wasn't sure whether I needed to be alarmed or what. He stood up and looked me in the eyes with hurt. "I am. I'm sorry for all of that Alex, I was a selfish asshole prick and worse a bad friend. Do you think you could ever forgive me and us go back to being friends again"?. Yeah I'm in shock and sure I could have slapped him and walk away to go on about my life and know that I won. In my family though were very religious, yes I know shocker consider my sailors mouth get over it however we believe in forgiveness so yea my dad was in the back of my mind preaching at me to do the right thing. I looked at him and smiled letting out a long breath. "I forgive you, but I can't forget this happened okay" I then added "As far as the friendship, that's gonna be a big IF there, but we can work on it okay" I say with a smile and he has a relieved look on his face. He gives me a hug and we part ways.