Chapter 22: New roommate

"I don't believe this JBL we may very well have a new number one contender tonight" Cole screams as I roll up AJ Lee. 1...2...

"Kick out at 2, Cole a phrase to live by, don't count your chickens till they hatch. AJ is still in this" JBL responds.

I get up on my knee's and argued with the ref not realizing I just made a mistake that had been preached to me in the Indy Circuit....Yep I turned my back on my opponent. After all that shit that happened after Smackdown my head has been cloudy and the fact that Dean is at ringside doesn't help. AJ swept my feet out from under me and when I landed it was with a thud. AJ crawled on top of me and grabbed both hands full of my hair and repeatedly banged my head on the mat. Seth and Roman were ringside cheering me on as Dean was silent. He did show interest leaning against the ring to seem like he was concerned but I'm pretty sure that was because of the story were in currently. I somehow find the energy to thrust my hips throwing AJ over me and landed in the corner. With all of my being I saw my chance and took it. I got up walking over to AJ pulling her into the middle of the ring and I hit Dirty Deeds (Deans move because of the storyline) knocking AJ out. The fans were going crazy at this point.

"Dirty Deeds! Dirty Deeds!" Cole exclaims through his headset. "That's not right, AJ was clearly injured when she was thrown to the corner, the ref should have stopped the match"! JBL says in his bad guy way.

I flip her onto her back and go for the pin. "1....2...3!!!!!!!! We have a new number one contender WWE Universe" Cole screams as he stands up. 

I didn't even know I had won until the ref raised my hand. The crowd along with Roman and Seth were celebrating because of it being my first shot at the title, Dean however looked unimpressed. "Well I'm not breaking the news to AJ when she wakes up I can tell you that" JBL jokes. The Shield slide in the ring with me all three giving me a huge hug. Ambrose though, I could tell he could careless about the win and my oppurtunity. I didn't care though, I was too busy being happy. 

 We exited the ring and once we were out of sight from the crowd Dean went straight back to ignoring me. "Alex, Dean may I have a word"? Stephanie says as she approaches us.

"Oh uh sure" I answer. "Were gonna go get ready for our tag match okay, great job Alex" Roman says and congratulates me once again before he and Seth walked off. We walk off with Stephanie to the side. "Okay so I can tell there is some tension between the two of you out there and I know if I can tell then the fans can tell. If the fans can tell then this story isn't gonna work. What I need to know is can you do this"? Stephanie ask's us in a serious tone.

I wanted to seriously pop and tell her about the other night and back out of it, but just when I was about to pop I hear Dean say "It's nothing Steph, just a minor disagreement. Were good and don't worry, we can put that behind us for the story". To say I was in shock at his response was a huge understatement. Stephanie smiled at the conformation she had received from Dean and said "Good, because the next part of the storyline happens on RAW this coming monday". "Thank you Stephanie" I say to her. Just as she goes to walk away she stops and turns to us, "By the way, because of the tension and the fact that we really need the fans to believe this that means where he goes you go, where she goes you go. That includes new living arrangements. Your rooming together from now on" she informs us. "But Steph I already have a great roommate" I protested. Before I said anything else Dean cupped his hand over my mouth. "It's cool Steph, we look forward to it" he says covering for my ass. Stephanie nodded and walked away.

"Were getting two beds you got me" I said sternly at him. "Better invest in some ear plugs princess" he says giving me a cocky smirk as I walk away and flip him off in response.

As I'm walking I couldn't help but feel as if I'm being followed. Everytime I stopped and looked over my shoulder no one was there though. I must be paranoid since I haven't seen any of the backwoods sheep fuckers tonight. I know they have a match with Roman and Seth though. I made it back to the locker room and saw Beth in there already waiting for me with a huge smile on her face. She jumps at me and engulfs me in a hug "Oh my god, your gonna be champ"!!!!!!!! she screams.